Embarrassing I have very very lose stool

sweetpotato1959
on 8/23/21 8:33 pm

I want you to know you are not in this alone.You will find the issue . and it can be fixed.

Yes i t is possible to have normal IRON binding capacity or level and low hemoglobin. The intrinsic issue is common in people with A blood type, My DM (A+)did not have the same issue and she had wls surgery.... I have it., also A+.. is the most likely.since all other tests negative presently.

Each body responds differently to gastric surgery. You are on this journey to find your unique internal response and re-balance to your optimal.You need to figure this out before it becomes critical.

I went critical. It is NOT fun.My problems became apparent @5 years. I had lost all medical coverage 2.5 years prior.My HGB/iron/HCT all were critical low., dropping slowly....and i had a twisted gut. 6 days vacation, tubes in both ends for 24 hours, low intermittent upper gastric suctioningx5 days, 2 units PRBc's. then i had energy and stamina.

My logic is:If you have your base line labs and TRY low dose liver extract cap for 6-8-+ weeks- between now and the new consult... - ie. is possible your labs - new doctor would require- to have for a comparative- would reflect effectiveness./not. (THE NUMBERS should begin to reflect change in 6 weeks- according to the internist who gave me the information.) AT the very least it would confirm not the issue,OR the best outcome: levels would be nearing or on way to normal.

This is August. it would give your system 10 weeks to respond while you are WAITING.. the caps w/ extracted liver are not that expensive...much easier than eating 3 oz of liver a day.

Whether we like it or not our bodies ARE in charge , their communication is clear. Somewhere their are (at least 2) issues. I suspect, both are in the gut, (The intrinsic factor is made in first section of gut attached to the normal stoma*****omplete digestion most common cause of explosive gas.)

.Since your present doctors have NO Clue., and have done multiple tests. This seems reasonable.

IF you are still having diarrhea at night and explosive gas i would try Imodium(I would take 2 first night, and see if it works,.. then one each night until i got this figured out).. in evening 2-3 hrs after evening meal.. it will absorb gas. so will charcoal. This sounds like incomplete digestion issue. When I eat something that disagrees with me, 3 days are sometimes required for me -to get the end result.I love bananas but can not eat them.they take 3 days to be heard.

An elimination diet might be in order to find your offending food./RE GAS: milk, lecithin,soy, beans, legumes,sweet peas, nuts, artificial sweeteners- all are common offenders.

Since your worst time is night, be sure to read every label,of foods from noon til bed- and do a written diet diary to track down your offender. Once you find it, you can get the enzyme specific to that food.will no longer require meds for gas or diarrhea.

IF there is one food you have every day- start with eliminating that food and all the ingredients it contains.5 days minimum-7-10 better yet. if symptoms continue, is not the one offender. can resume and eliminate another one.

Denise
Eugene.A
on 8/23/21 8:44 pm - Mantua, NJ
On August 24, 2021 at 3:33 AM Pacific Time, sweetpotato1959 wrote:

I want you to know you are not in this alone.You will find the issue . and it can be fixed.

Yes i t is possible to have normal IRON binding capacity or level and low hemoglobin. The intrinsic issue is common in people with A blood type, My DM (A+)did not have the same issue and she had wls surgery.... I have it., also A+.. is the most likely.since all other tests negative presently.

Each body responds differently to gastric surgery. You are on this journey to find your unique internal response and re-balance to your optimal.You need to figure this out before it becomes critical.

I went critical. It is NOT fun.My problems became apparent @5 years. I had lost all medical coverage 2.5 years prior.My HGB/iron/HCT all were critical low., dropping slowly....and i had a twisted gut. 6 days vacation, tubes in both ends for 24 hours, low intermittent upper gastric suctioningx5 days, 2 units PRBc's. then i had energy and stamina.

My logic is:If you have your base line labs and TRY low dose liver extract cap for 6-8-+ weeks- between now and the new consult... - ie. is possible your labs - new doctor would require- to have for a comparative- would reflect effectiveness./not. (THE NUMBERS should begin to reflect change in 6 weeks- according to the internist who gave me the information.) AT the very least it would confirm not the issue,OR the best outcome: levels would be nearing or on way to normal.

This is August. it would give your system 10 weeks to respond while you are WAITING.. the caps w/ extracted liver are not that expensive...much easier than eating 3 oz of liver a day.

Whether we like it or not our bodies ARE in charge , their communication is clear. Somewhere their are (at least 2) issues. I suspect, both are in the gut, (The intrinsic factor is made in first section of gut attached to the normal stoma*****omplete digestion most common cause of explosive gas.)

.Since your present doctors have NO Clue., and have done multiple tests. This seems reasonable.

IF you are still having diarrhea at night and explosive gas i would try Imodium(I would take 2 first night, and see if it works,.. then one each night until i got this figured out).. in evening 2-3 hrs after evening meal.. it will absorb gas. so will charcoal. This sounds like incomplete digestion issue. When I eat something that disagrees with me, 3 days are sometimes required for me -to get the end result.I love bananas but can not eat them.they take 3 days to be heard.

An elimination diet might be in order to find your offending food./RE GAS: milk, lecithin,soy, beans, legumes,sweet peas, nuts, artificial sweeteners- all are common offenders.

Since your worst time is night, be sure to read every label,of foods from noon til bed- and do a written diet diary to track down your offender. Once you find it, you can get the enzyme specific to that food.will no longer require meds for gas or diarrhea.

IF there is one food you have every day- start with eliminating that food and all the ingredients it contains.5 days minimum-7-10 better yet. if symptoms continue, is not the one offender. can resume and eliminate another one.

My blood type is A but don't remember if it is positive or negative ?. I just about ready to give up on trying to find out and the doctors don't help because it seems like they are just guessing ??

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

sweetpotato1959
on 8/23/21 9:31 pm

It does not really matter if pos or neg, that is for Rh factor.... if A blood type..

The doctors have no clue because is in long term care of ppl w/ WLS.

They are "not read" on the subject- have not encountered. IT is not a common problem.

I would rate explosions at night as needs resolution last week and the hgb as need to address now.

Each of these i have experienced to some degree, mine was not " just" night.

Neither of these treatment/trials are expensive and are generally safe..if imodium works for you- like me- will be well worth the trial..and you will know by morning..

Both are something to "trial" when others have offered no solutions or answers. after i got my iron levels up, i use maintenance dose of 2 caps 2 x a week- i just hate to take pills and have limited space for them...

Denise
Eugene.A
on 8/24/21 4:02 am - Mantua, NJ
On August 24, 2021 at 4:31 AM Pacific Time, sweetpotato1959 wrote:

It does not really matter if pos or neg, that is for Rh factor.... if A blood type..

The doctors have no clue because is in long term care of ppl w/ WLS.

They are "not read" on the subject- have not encountered. IT is not a common problem.

I would rate explosions at night as needs resolution last week and the hgb as need to address now.

Each of these i have experienced to some degree, mine was not " just" night.

Neither of these treatment/trials are expensive and are generally safe..if imodium works for you- like me- will be well worth the trial..and you will know by morning..

Both are something to "trial" when others have offered no solutions or answers. after i got my iron levels up, i use maintenance dose of 2 caps 2 x a week- i just hate to take pills and have limited space for them...

With all the vitamins i take they say you can't or shouldn't take this one or that one together or take different ones with any medication and you have to space them 2 hours apart I don't have enough time in a day because they say don't take certain one's together but space them 2 hours apart. ? I GIVE UP.?

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

sweetpotato1959
on 8/24/21 7:02 am, edited 8/24/21 12:03 am

We are far enough out from surgery-it ceases to be about mal absorption and begins to be about utilization of what we take. 2X a day and all basics are in.

Don't give up. There is A solution. You Will find the one that works with your body!.

all multi vites., some c( i take C in good amounts n divided dose, to tolerance.- since i rarely eat citrus...,..+iron. .morning,

selenium, and copper, iodine - can be taken morning or night.

mag, calcium, d3, K2,(wally wrld has a combo dry D3 w/K2 in one skinny cap. dose on it is one daily- then i take 5K more D3.)..some c,+zinc, Vit E(if you require 2 part can be taken in mornng).,...at night ,Logic:,,all of these are required together for best use of mag, cal.

huuummmm...Check your form of magnesium!-

maybe try foot soaks-to replace/pills.. this CAN give huge explosive BM's and gas....citrate form esp!

ALSO:Check how many of your vitamins/supplemnts are oil based?

If you take eye vitamins-common (gel) caps of lutein, astazanthin, CoQ10, E,+D are all oil based in common use...Dry forms(cap) of D3 and E are available...

alternates to reduce pills- . ...could do epsom salt foot soak 2x week for magnesium.......magnesium oil as muscle rub will give you absorb-able magnesium as well.

I use a zinc lozenge part of the time... cold-eze. it is fully absorbed and i use one abt Q 5 days..

.Any meds daily i take 30 min -1 hr before supplements EXCEPT PREVACID./for gastritis - i take it if i flare.

I take no regular meds. Occ something for gastritis.. have some herbals for pain - moringa, willow bark are my tolerated

Denise
White Dove
on 8/24/21 1:52 pm - Warren, OH

I have a Medcenter pill organizer. There is a container for each day of the month. There are four compartments marked Morning, Noon, Evening, and Night.

Once a month, I organize every pill and vitamin in the right section. Then I take the container out each day and take the pills at the correct times.

Once I figured everything out, then it takes me about 30 minutes once a month to refill the containers. Mine also has a reminder that will say, Time to take your morning medicine, etc.

It cost me about $50 years ago and has been a big help for me taking the right pills at the right times. You can buy one without the timer and just use Siri or other app to remind you to take pills. The timer was more useful back in 2007 when we did not have all the smart devices that we have now.

MedCenter Pill Organizer

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Holdenwhat
on 11/5/21 9:47 am

It would be nice if our bodies stopped changing all the time!

Have you talked to your doctor about pelvic floor exercises? It helped me quite a bit. I understand that you would like to stop the loose stools (but keeping it in is also the issue). The exercises helped me while I was figuring out what foods were giving me so much trouble and (knock wood) I don't have nearly as much trouble as I used to.

Another thing that might be useful: I would wear a pull up over my underwear at night, just in case. It stayed clean that way so that I could use it every night and not waste a bunch of them, but it was there if an accident happened.

Best of luck to you.

DiAnna T.
on 11/9/21 1:48 am - MT born and raised and now in, CA

I had a DS 2008. I also had same problem. Did a stool sample for fat content which had large amount of fat ( I could have told them that). I have PEI (pancreatic enzyme insufficiency PEI). Started taking enzymes Creon). I wasn't absorbing Ca (osteoporosis) or Iron ( anemia). What a difference my stools have been (formed). I went to a gastroenterologist. Getting iron infusions also. Taking liquid Calcoum. Hopefully I will starting to absorb more calcium as it is also causing secondary hyper parathyroidism. Good luck in your search for a solution

'Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid insideways ... half a bottle of vodka in one hand ... a fat cigar in the other... a body thoroughly used up and totally worn out ... and screaming;'whooooohooooo what a ride'!'  HW/251 SW/242 CW/134 GW/140  WOW!! 117# Gone

Zcortlandt
on 2/17/22 11:19 am

Yes it's embarrassing I'll give you that, also it must be possible this isn't from your gastric bypass but some other kind of problem. Like the majority of people are lactose intolerant maybe try cutting milk, also Imodium lasts like six to eight hours which constipates you also I use gas x also.

White Dove
on 2/19/22 5:04 pm - Warren, OH

Kaopectate works very well. It is a clay that works better than Imodium for us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views