Old timers ?

kitkat24
on 7/16/21 6:31 pm

I had my VSG DS back in January 2009. I used to be on these forums all the time. It was so awesome back then. Any of the same folks here ?

Body by God; alterations by Buchwald.  I love Jesus.  I so so so appreciate my DS.

Janet P.
on 7/18/21 3:54 am

I had my DS in 2003 and I'm still around. Guess I'm an old timer ;)

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Moma V.
on 7/28/21 9:23 pm - Frogtown, OH

I had my RNY in 2004. It took me 5 yrs before that though to get it together with my insurance company and Drs. I started doing the fancy pages on here before 2004 also, now it's all so different.

airbender
on 9/11/21 4:36 am
PattyL
on 7/18/21 6:16 pm

I am still here too!

* Nicole *
on 7/20/21 4:19 pm

Aug 2005 here. I stop in now and then.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

sweetpotato1959
on 7/21/21 1:28 pm

My WLS was done in 96.. a precursor to the ones done now. by a master surgeon retired several years. a combination of procedures done and effective..guess that makes me an old timer.

I pop in every week or two for a while..then life gets in the way and i'm off for a while.. weight has been pretty steady...for past several years.

Moma V.
on 7/28/21 9:25 pm - Frogtown, OH

I had my RNY in 2004. It took me 5 yrs before that though to get it together with my insurance company and Drs. I started doing the fancy pages on here before 2004 also, now it's all so different.

Lisaann68
on 7/24/21 9:38 pm

I had DS September 2009! I am sure that qualifies me as an old timer for sure!!!

I have not regretted this surgery for one second!! Best thing I did as far as weight loss goes!

I am having no problem maintaining my loss, and I am very very fortunate that I eat whatever I want, I have no restrictions, and no ill effects from any foods! (I know how fortunate I am!)

Best wishes to anyone considering this surgery!!!!!

Lisa

ic4rest
on 7/26/21 10:26 am - West Haven, CT

Hi - yes, I'm one of your kindred spirits. I had my VSG in January of 2010. I've since lost touch but am FOREVER grateful for it and Obesity Help in general. I still read their newsletters and posts like yours I get via email now.

I wanted to ask an "oldtimer" if they have noticed a change in their sense of taste and smell. I notice that I really can't taste or smell foods like I used to and so I pretty much eat to stop feeling hungry. I don't need to eat as much but also don't want to because I really don't enjoy what I'm eating. Mind you, I'm now 64 which could also be playing a factor but I read that this surgery affects hormones that stimulate appetite as well as your sense of taste and smell. Have you noticed this effect?

I lost 135 lbs. post surgery. A whole other person! I feel so much better for it too.

Take care

losing it in connecticut 

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 56 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 628 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 228 views