Old timers ?

Northstar
on 5/16/22 4:15 pm - Struthers, OH
  1. I had RNY in 2005. I don't post much but read a lot.
At last I have found freedom
TT/BL   4/14/07
BA/ Brachioplasty   11/22/07
LBL   4/21/08
Thigh Lift w/ lipo  11/17/08
mspisces1
on 5/17/22 4:47 am

WLSRNY February 2, 2004 had surgery...rarely visit site but have kept off 100lbs despite many health problems...it's still a daily struggle to not want foods bad for you...I still hate exercise but I'm constantly moving...

its-killen-me
on 8/18/22 7:42 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

I had my DS in 2012. I lost 140 lbs and made it just above 200lbs for many years. I put on about 40 with covid. I have taken it off plus more. I am in onderland for a few months now. I am at 189. Still loosing. I am wondering after my surgery I could not eat pasta. I would stand by the toilet mouth watering waiting to throw up after 2 fork fulls. I am noticeing this withmany foods now. Steak, rice, some veggies, sometimes i can eat something and the next day cant eat it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Sue M.
on 8/29/22 9:51 am - Jackson, CA

This happens to me to. I had the rny 11/18/2008. I lost 210 total and had to have iron infusions with steroids and ended up gaining weight about 60 to 70 pounds and with struggling to lose any of it I have finally lost and have about 30 to go to get back to my lowest weight. The best part is I weigh less than I did in high school so I am a very happy person. I just wish I could get rid of all the sagging skin but I believe it will never happen costs to much and insurance will not help.

ic4rest
on 8/29/22 11:20 am - West Haven, CT

Had a vsg back in 2010. It was the best decision I ever made. I don't come on here that often but believe me it is a VERY valuable way to hook up with your tribe. Thank you so much for the support you provide to desperate seekers like I was. I got a quote for a vsg from a local doctor and it was twice the price I paid going out of the country. Guess you need a little bravado in you to do that but I don't regret it. Best wishes!

losing it in connecticut 

betty-21
on 8/29/22 7:03 pm

I had the DS in 2010 by Dr Inman .

kevinbb
on 11/8/22 10:53 pm

2006 DS w/ Marchesini. I haven't been here for over a decade, but about 5 years ago I started needing iron infusions and I also have progressed into osteoporosis. The part of my intestine that is specialized for calcium absorption and also the area for iron does not meet food. So... One of the reasons that I chose the DS was that the surgery on the intestines was adjustable and reversible. I always figured that if I started withering away into one of those little old men I would get that part of my surgery reversed. So I am presently seeking an experienced DS surgeon in Michigan. Please pm me if you have any suggestions. The surgery worked great but i am entering an older age now and need to improve my intake of minerals. Peace and Love to everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views