200CM Common Channel

Jmm4321
on 7/10/22 8:22 pm

This forum is almost exclusively people with the Hess DS, and although well intentioned, you'll hear a lot of hating on the Sadi DS by people who don't have any experience with it.

It's been around for about 15 years and I had it done 8 years ago. I had the exact same concerns about malabsorption, malnutrition and side effects. I also was concerned about keeping the weight off long term. The Sadi DS has been a gift from god for me, and my common channel is about 300cm. The longer cc does not mean less weight loss or malabsorption. That is a huge misperception. Sometime less is more, and sometimes more is less. I was a lightweight at about 300lbs pounds as a 6'1 male now in my early 60's. My weight hovers around 160lbs but fluctuates by about 5 pounds up and down. I eat about 3k calories a day with about 300 to 400 grams of carbs and 120 grams of protein. As long as I eat mostly healthy (still plenty of snacks) then things are good. My price for poor eating choices is gas or bloating.

You should use these forums for some insight and perspective but definitely do your own research and find a real wls expert who knows the sadi, hess, vsg etc, and then discuss what's really best for your situation.

Good luck!

sporty333
on 7/10/22 8:30 pm

Thanks for replying.... I've settled on my DS... which it is cuz of the two connections, with a common channel of 200cm. So it's modified...I think that'll be best for my situation. It's sounds like you're doing great with the sadi...I was contemplating that surgury, but it wasn't covered by my insurance. My surgury is in September... so I'll be reporting back my journey. Thanks

Jmm4321
on 7/10/22 8:35 pm

Congratulations and best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views