Had a Revision from RNY to the Standard DS in 10/2021

Ginelfoy
on 8/8/22 8:46 am
RNY on 05/07/14

I had the RNY in 2014 and began to gain my weight back and pretty much hit my weight when I had my first surgery. My revision went great. Frustrated that my weightloss is alot slower than my first surgery, but I do get that I am older (48) and this is a revision as well. I have lost 46 lbs since then, but as I said it is much slower.

So here is what I am experiencing:

1) issues with eating meat. I have issues with the smells and actual consumption. There are times when I can tolerate it but there are more times when I can not and end up throwing it up (sorry TMI). I have spoke to my Dr.and a dietician. I was able to substitute the meat with beans (dietician did say this was okay for now) but then the beans turned on me and I ended up with so much bloating, uncomfortably bloated not to mention the gas...

2) extremely tired. I am taking my vitamins, had recent blood work and all is good actually really good. But I can not get over this fatigue. I want to get back to the gym to swim but by the time I get home I am exhausted. Working out in the morning is not an option as I have to be at work at 6:30 am.

Has anyone with this type of revision had similar issues. Any suggestions on protein ideas? I do still drink a protein shake every morning.

PattyL
on 8/8/22 8:55 am

Just an option. You could back off and have just protein shakes(and your supplements) for a couple weeks. Give your gut and your nose a break and let them calm down. And BTW make sure those are meal replacement shakes that have the electrolytes you need! Plus you will probably lose a few pounds. Win/win.

Sort of a reset!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/8/22 10:34 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

What is your ferritin level? Sometimes doctors say bloodwork is good, but levels that might be good for normal people are not good for folks who have had WLS.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Ginelfoy
on 8/9/22 11:00 am
RNY on 05/07/14

My ferratin is 35 so low end of "normal"

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 65 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?