Five years out, rapidly gaining weight

Jmm4321
on 9/27/22 11:00 pm
Jmm4321
on 10/1/22 10:56 pm
ImANewDee
on 10/4/22 10:06 am - Grand Rapids, MI 49504, USA, MI

Just stick to the basics.....high protein, high fat and low carb (between 30-50g). Get your 64 oz minimum of water in daily and add more movement/exercise. Don't forget your vitamins! It really does matter long term. I am 17 yrs postop and am constantly reminding myself of this. Restricting your eating may be the issues since you are still malabsorbing a lot. Post DS, your body will always need more calories and nutrients to function.

I was at 208 at my lowest...but due to life, some health issues and the covid pandemic....I did regain up to 279. Yikes!!! So I began working with a local bariatric practice (not the one who did my surgery) to get me back on track. I did food logs and a little therapy, but the best thing that really worked for me was the basics - just focusing on getting at least 150-200g of protein, over 100g of fat a day, and all my vitamins. I am down to 240 and while I still have more to go...I know I got this under control.

Do you happen to track your macros at all? Perhaps start by doing a 100% honest food log...no matter what it is that you ingest, write it down or track it in an app. That way you can assess where your weak points/moments are and what you can do to address it in the future for long term success. :)

526 / 488 / 208 / 200
HW SW CW GW

airbender
on 10/10/22 6:23 pm

if you have changed nothing with your intake of food and exercise, I would run to the drs....something is wrong....but before doing that...I would journal all my food.....

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

girl81
on 10/27/22 2:06 am

If nothing has changed, I'd bet its hormonal or thyroid.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 259 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views