Recent Posts

Liz J.
on 10/10/18 6:22 am - Saint Louis, MO
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: Protein Help

So I'm almost 2 years out and still drink a protein shake and eat a protein bar daily to help me get my protein in. Also, my doctor had it 30 grams by day 30/60 grams by day 60/ 90 grams by day 90 and 110 grams (plus) by 6 months. Just keep working on it but I did post a meal thread for what people are eating, that might help.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Liz J.
on 10/10/18 6:16 am - Saint Louis, MO
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: What on the menu today?

It's great when our partners know what we can eat and will prepare means for us!!

Liz J.
on 10/10/18 6:14 am - Saint Louis, MO
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: What's are you eating today?

I haven't had any aversions yet, my taste have changed but more of a ehh.. don't really LOVE that anymore, basically a take it or leave it on sweets/carby snacks. Have you ever done the protein shakes for breakfast?

Alun135
on 10/10/18 5:36 am
Topic: NOAC ANTI COAGULENT

I am post opp from 2005 I weighed in at 30st prior to surgery.

Presently I am a few lb's over 16.

My Question is this, until recently I have been on warfarin but in the last few months it has become extremely difficult to control.

I recently had a heart ablation for atrial Fibrillation I a being very closely monitored Warfarin wise this is what has shown that its not being very effective it keeps dropping dramatically from 3.5 to 1.3 in.

The cardiologist has suggested one of the new anticoagulant (N.o.a.c.) like riveraxoban dagibatran etc.

The problem is the BPD DS and malabsorption, apparently they can not be very effective.

Does anyone here on the forum take one of these new types of medication and doors they actually work effectively/ how do they know that they do as there does not seem to be any tests to ensure that you receive therapeutic effects ie anti coagulation.

If again you do have testing to ensure everything is as it should be, what are the tests carried out thus enabling me to present a possible answer to my cardiologist.

Thanks

PattyL
on 10/10/18 1:48 am
Topic: RE: DS and Diabetes- 10+ years out

Unusual for it to come back at all!!!

ankarew
on 10/9/18 9:54 pm
Topic: DS and Diabetes- 10+ years out

hey everybody,

if your diabetes hasn't returned in close to 10 years or more, please share your experience.

• Were you insulin dependent pre DS?
  • How long after your diagnosis did you have the DS?
  • How long after your DS did your sugars normalize?
  • Your common channel length?
  • What's your carb intake like? Have you checked your blood sugar after a carby meal/dessert recently?

For anyone whose numbers might be starting to rise a bit, do you find the DS makes it easier to control your blood sugar?

thanks in advance.

CamCake
on 10/9/18 7:36 pm, edited 10/9/18 12:36 pm
Topic: RE: Vitamin issues . . . Help!

MissMaggie I feel your pain. I am 7 week out now but had the same problem. My doctor told me I can start capsules when I out 1 month post.

I hope you feel better soon

MissMaggie26
on 10/9/18 6:30 pm
DS on 09/10/18
Topic: Vitamin issues . . . Help!

I'm 4 weeks out from my DS and I have tried 3 different kinds of chewable multivitamins. I can't keep any of them down. I choke and gag and vomit violently every time I try, which is incredibly painful. Can I take capsules instead of chewables? I feel like I might have better luck if I didn't have to chew/taste it.

CamCake
on 10/9/18 5:52 pm, edited 10/9/18 7:39 pm
Topic: Protein Help

I am 7 week out from DS surgery. I have lost 42 pounds however I lost 19 of the 42 pre surgery. I have had a few stalls already due to not getting enough protein. Looking for suggestions/meal plans to get 90 plus grams of protein in per day with food.

thanks in advance

meq815
on 10/9/18 5:51 pm - PA
Topic: RE: What's are you eating today?

I'm currently experiencing egg-aversion. Which is a bummer. I hard boil them by the dozen for the hubs, but I just can't do it. I know this too shall pass, but I need to find protein alternatives. I literally eat POUNDS of bacon weekly. Total cholesterol (Sept 2018) 166. So I'm good. Breakfast is my most difficult meal. So, bacon it is!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS or RNY
Bushlisa77 · 5 replies · 375 views
Vitamin E-400 dry capsule
Sandra N. · 3 replies · 349 views
Internal Hernia
Noodle65 · 1 replies · 367 views
Iron Deficiency
sunbunny60 · 4 replies · 328 views