Desari63’s Posts

Desari63
on 1/4/22 6:44 am
Topic: RE: Update: 15 years ago today...

Hi Stacie -

I think you're AMAZING!!! To go through all you have been through in the last 15 years and still have the "I can do this" attitude...well most people would have said "F-it" and just ate their way back to the beginning again.

You're an inspiration and I, for one, am glad to know that people don't give up on themselves due to "bad luck" situations. I just had my SADI (I have the sleeve done in 2011) and over that period of time, I lost 100# then over the last 4 year, gained back about 30 of it. At that point, I said ENOUGH!!! I did my research and contacted my origin surgeon and then went to Mexico 09/01/2021 and had it done. I was blessed to have the EXACT same team of doctors to do this one.

Even with the Christmas holidays, I did cheat a little but still managed to lose around 6 pounds. I'm down 40 from my surgery date and I'm back on the eating well wagon again (man, those horses are glad not to pull my big butt around anymore...LOL)!

Happy Surgiversary to you!!!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 12/19/21 6:23 am
Topic: RE: Back in the 100 club again...

Well I weighed myself this morning and it said 199 - officially back in the Century Club again after 4 years. I'm almost 4 months post op and lost 32#. My goal was to lose 70 (unrealistic I know but hey...go big or go home)! but I'm really happy with where I am so far. I'm down from an 18 to a comfortable 14 and still looking to lose another 20 or more before we go to Florida in March. The holidays haven't been too bad - yes, I have been nibbling on things I shouldn't but not losing my mind over it. Now that I'm back on track, I will not go through another surgery like this again. My next one will be in 2 years to remove my apron from my tummy area so I at least look decent in cloths.

I broke my wrist (both bones) on my mom's birthday so it's been painful and a struggle to do anything, much less fix myself something to eat but my husband and son have been wonderful - taking me to work, helping me dress and then fixing dinner for the family (daughter in law included). The fixing food has been somewhat of a blessing because I come in the kitchen, look in the frig and see the things that need 2 hands to cook...LOL!

In closing, I just want to say to everyone struggling through the holidays - be good to yourself and do not beat yourself up to bad when you have something you shouldn't. You just get back on that wagon and start again to being healthier in 2022.

Love you all!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 11/5/21 2:41 pm
Topic: RE: Switch from Gastric Sleeve to either a SADI-S or DS - pros and cons?

Hi Cali -

I'm down to 203 as of this morning..that's now 28 pounds as of 09/02/2021 after surgery. I'm trying to keep my carbs down really low and eating lots of protein and veggies (love them) and it's working so far...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 10/8/21 8:38 am
Topic: RE: Looking for some answers...

Hey! We're on the move again! Just weighed and another 2 pounds down!!!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 10/4/21 1:38 pm

Still healing but damn..LOL! Expectations are set way high and it's not happening fast enough..LO!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 10/4/21 1:38 pm

I'm trying but it's really hard when I was expecting to have a revision to my sleeve as well and low and behold, I hadn't stretched it out at all. It's still the same size as when I had it done originally in 2011!!

So I'm trying to learn patience but being Italian, we have none..LOL!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/30/21 1:17 pm

Well since I had the surgery, I'm actually down 13-15 pounds but it does vary. My clothes are definitely more loose on me now and I'm in my 16's pretty comfortable but even they are starting to get looser. I know that 70 pounds by the end of December is a very tall goal but if I can lose at least 40-45 of that, I'm going to be extremely happy.

Now the 1st month is almost over, I can get back on the stationary bike (started riding that because of my heart stent from 2018) so I'm hoping that will help out as well. My ultimate goal is 2 years from now to get my apron removed so I guess we'll see how that goes...

Thanks for the response and the support...Keep in touch!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/30/21 1:13 pm

Well I haven't gone back to the way I was eating before the 2nd surgery so that's something. I haven't had any breads, pasta, rice, etc (basically high carb foods) and I know I'm not getting more than 1000 calories a day but I'm not really counting calories, just the carbs per day (which ain't much).

I have been really good about not eating the things I should not have since I had this - I don't really want to do this again if it can be avoided...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/29/21 1:27 pm

Hi all -

I had my SADI on 09/01/2021. There didn't need to revise my gastric sleeve as the stomach is still the same size as when I 1st had it done. I'm back on regular foods now after 4 weeks and I'm still not eating much but the weight loss is not going so well. I have only lost 13 pounds in almost 4wks and I was told the weight loss should be around 20# the 1st month. I still have a few days to go but I'm not liking what I'm see. My clothes are bigger but not much and I'm back in my 16's comfortable (a little baggy) but I'm having doubts that I did the right thing.

Should I have just gone with the bypass and not done the SADI? I don't think I'm going to hit my goal of 150-160 by December...

Any thoughts?

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/29/21 1:23 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery was a success!!!

Hey Steph -

How'd surgery go? Just checking to see how you're doing...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/9/21 3:17 pm

Oh, I plan to...I want to be down to about 145 by the end of the year and that's a doable goal. Then to just maintain it is what is going to be the challenge!! LOL!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/8/21 1:08 pm

Hello All! I'm back home and all went well. My pouch was still intact from my 1st surgery so there was no revision needed. I had the SADI (mini-DS) and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm back to the beginning again with the post-op diet from the first time but starting Friday, I can move to all puree foods and drinks. I forgot how hard this was since the 1st time and I cook dinner for the family and it's hard NOT to want what they are having but I have my protein shakes while they are eating so it's all good.

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/8/21 1:06 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery in 3...2...1...

Thank you Dove! I'm back home and all went well. My pouch was still intact from my 1st surgery so there was no revision needed. I had the SADI (mini-DS) and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm back to the beginning again with the post-op diet from the first time but starting Friday, I can move to all puree foods and drinks.

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/31/21 11:19 am

TY Patty - I"m so excited but scared at the same time..LOL!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/30/21 12:21 pm

My surgery has been moved up from Friday to Thursday. We are still leaving on Wednesday but much earlier than expected. We are going to Juarez and Dr. Rodriguez is doing my procedure again. I'm so excited about this...it's been too long from when I should have done a revision until now.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/30/21 11:59 am

Hi Stephmags -

I"m going for surgery in one day. We will leave on Wednesday morning but have surgery on Thursday. I"m looking forward to the next steps in this journey and hoping it will stay off this time.

Are you have the SADI or the full DS? I'm going to talk to my doctor when I get there it decide which is best for me..

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/11/21 1:32 pm

Hi Patty -

That is what I needed to know and hear. I still cannot eat a lot but I can eat more than when I first had the surgery. Some days I can't eat much of anything without being full and other days, I can eat about 1/2 of what I used to and I don't understand the reason for that. I take lots of vitamins and supplements due to my heart condition and other things going on so that won't' be a problem keeping on that schedule. I don't eat many sweets like cookies, cakes and such so that's not a problem either.

I will be taking to my surgeon before I have this done to decide what would be best but I'm really leaning towards the DS as I don't want to go through all this again in another 10 years. I'm gonna be way too old for that..LOL!

I really appreciate the input and will let you all know how things go.

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/11/21 7:13 am

Hi Veggie -

I'm so glad to hear that awful pain is gone for good! I thought about changing my sleeve to an RNY but that makes me nervous. I was offered that at the beginning but I was not over 100 pounds overweight at the time so I thought better of it and glad I did! I love my sleeve but I think just a little tweaking is needed after almost 11 years and this (I hope) will do the trick. I have been getting back to basics again - cutting out the things I know I shouldn't be having and eating eggs and lots of veggies (or as much as I can stand). Watermelon season ha**** and I LOVE watermelon so there's my water intake..LOL!

I'll be leaving on Sept 1 to head to El Paso and then on to Juarez...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/8/21 11:56 am

Thank you for your input - no brainer is not the word I would have used either but I do understand what they mean when they say it. I had my sleeve for a lot 11 years and have been able to keep most of the weight off for some time. It's just been the last 4 year or so that it's been creeping back up and with my medical history, that really doesn't help matters any! I am doing the work with my sleeve but just need a little more help and I'll be okay. I'm already on vitamins and supplements due to my history so keeping that up will not be an issue at all. I have a PCP that keeps me on my toes and monitors EVERYTHING and so does my cardiologist.

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/8/21 11:53 am

No kidding on the no-brainer part but she said you really can't screw it up with severe pain to yourself in doing it. I'm not so much into pain, thank you...I like not hurting which is why I still can eat a lot now, 11 years after the fact. However, I tolerate alot more different foods that I used to and that's not good either so I'm going to give this a try to see if it helps with the weight loss again.

Thank you for your input - it's always appreciated even if it's not something people want to hear. They want the "magic pill" that really doesn't exist - kinda like that magic bean that Jack had...LOL!

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/6/21 2:19 pm

Hi Holly - I"m sorry to hear of the problems you were having with the SADI-S - can I ask who your surgeon was and what location did you go to? I'm going to Juarez and Dr Rodriguez is my surgeon and I trust him completely. What is BILE reflux? I have never had any acid reflux since my sleeve so I'm not sure what that is. We are going to talk about which would be best suited for me but I would love your input...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/3/21 7:57 am

Jmm - Thanks for the information. I have been told this surgery is a no-brainer and that I should be able to keep ALL the excess weight off with either of these. If not, I'm not doing something right..LOL!

I don't need to lose 100 pounds - I'd look sick if I did that but I do want to be down to at least 145-150 and they said with either of these, they are doable.

Wish me luck and I'll be back!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/2/21 12:54 pm

Hello all - I'm going to Juarez in September for either the SADI-S or DS as a revision to my Gastric Sleeve. I would like to hear the pros and cons to either or both surgery revisions if there are any out there!!!

Thanks in advance!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS or RNY
Bushlisa77 · 5 replies · 378 views
Vitamin E-400 dry capsule
Sandra N. · 3 replies · 350 views
Internal Hernia
Noodle65 · 1 replies · 367 views
Iron Deficiency