dustycroy’s Posts

dustycroy
on 10/20/22 9:41 am
Topic: RE: Blood Potassium levels
Thank you so much for sharing another point of view.

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

dustycroy
on 10/19/22 12:41 pm
Thank you so much Holly. I found it! Now I see a starting point, and can compare. Your always so helpful to all. We appreciate you and your advise greatly.

dustycroy
on 10/18/22 9:35 pm
Hi, does anyone know if I have to have my Blood Potassium level checked with the DS? My doctor ordered it, and since they dont know really much about the DS surgery, Im wondering if I really need it done. A lot of times they think we need the same as the RNY. Ive never had it done before. Surgery was 5/13/2013 Thank you.

dustycroy
on 5/4/21 9:59 pm
Topic: RE: Protein level test???
Thank you, so much!

dustycroy
on 5/4/21 5:23 pm
Topic: RE: Protein level test???
Could someone please tell me the name of the blood test that will check my protein level? or maybe its not done using bloodwork at all. Urine possibly? Thanks

dustycroy
on 5/5/20 1:36 pm
Topic: RE: Iron Plus Vitamin Patch by PatchAid ????
Sorry to put you on the spot about the levels. Just thought I would do a little comparison. Take your time and return home safely.

dustycroy
on 5/5/20 8:59 am
My Ferritin has been running a 6 lately. Im just curious what you ran before using the patch against what you run now. Ive been as low as a 5.3 in the past.

dustycroy
on 5/5/20 8:44 am
Yes, but I have since changed insurance and moved on from him. I also was having to get injectofer every three months. They would get me out of the hole, and "almost" normal, and then I would wait another three months and I would be down in the hole again.. huffing and a puffing, no energy. I look like a little old lady and Im 54. I really am putting alot of faith in these patches.

dustycroy
on 5/3/20 5:17 pm
Thanks for the info. I know with the iron patches that I am waiting for they said depending on your levels you can wear two a day if needed. I will "of course" start with one, check my levels in a month, and go from there. Have you tried using more than one? It seems like if you are using the patch and still having to have infusions that maybe just adjusting the patch amount might make it to where maybe you wouldnt need the infusions. LOL, of course Im just thinking out loud. I will look into the patches that you say you are on and see the amount of iron they provide. I am so hoping that this is my answer to a more "LEVEL" form of getting my iron, and my life can get back to normal.

dustycroy
on 5/3/20 1:10 am
Ive had to recieve a few injectafer infusions over the past year. For severe anemia. Its been hard for me to take my oral carbonyl iron. I dont like taking care of it this way. They get me close to normal, and then they wait three months for me to be so far in the hole to where I have to have another infusion. Up, down. Up, down. Crazy way to address it.. Anyways I have come across these iron patches that you change on a daily basis. I get them in a couple of days. Has anyone heard about them , or used them???? I bought them online at the BariatricPal Store This seems like a god send and a more even and steady approach to my iron deficiancy.

dustycroy
on 4/5/20 6:07 pm
Topic: RE: Doc trying to talk me out of a DS
I went to the best of the best in for the DS in Mexicali, Mexico back in 2013. I went to a beautiful hospital with a doctor that I had been heavily researching for about eight months. "Im a over thinker and a worrier". I had dr. Alberto Aceves. I was there for seven days and my husband and I were treated amazenly. They keep you that long because the surgery is such a serious one and they dont have the financial restraints that make hospitals in the U.S. want to kick you out after a couple days. Everything there was top notch. At that time I paid 13,500.00 for the surgery. Money well spent. Since then my Doctor was killed in an airplane crash. That was devastating to me. He and his team "Dr. Campos", had taken such wonderful care of me. The care there goes over and beyond anything I had ever had in the U.S.. They come in to clean and mop your room three times a day, After a few days I limited that to once a day. Lol I like my privacy and decided after a few days that once a day was enough for me. Its like its not just a job to them, when they are speaking to you they really seem to care. It was just different The Doctor at the time, that cost 5000.00 more than my doctor and had trained him, has since taken over the D.S surgeries At Almater Hospial in Mexicali, "Dr. Gilberto Ungson ". I dont know what his fee is now but he IS best of the best. They used to have some kind of financing program also. At the time my husband dipped into his 401K to finance mine. Here is their website, and you can go on UTUBE and watch videos about them and the hospital. At the time there was more about gastric sleeves but you still get to see the place and listen to peoples experiences. When watching the videos keep in mind that there is no exaggeration, about the great care, because I say myself that it was amazing. http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/

dustycroy
on 5/2/19 5:09 pm
Topic: RE: Severely anemic, poor labs
Yes, it is D2 50,000.00 . He is having me take one of those for four days in a row and then two every week after that.... Ive heard of others taking the two a week also.... I will try what he says, and see what the numbers are.... I am also very cautious about this... but will try his way.... after that I will just choose a D3 regimen. Thank you for chiming in...... its much appreciated...

dustycroy
on 5/2/19 9:20 am
Thank you for taking the time to list all your vits. Its always interesting to see what others like myself have to take or do to keep themselves healthy....... A LOT! is always the answer....... I can never say that I didnt know what I was getting myself into.... I researched daily and nightly for almost eight months..... before having the surgery. It is so true that I traded one problem in for another...... Ive been thinking about that phrase a lot lately....

dustycroy
on 5/1/19 11:46 pm
Thank you so much, everyone has been so kind to respond with so much info that I really need..... I am so very great full....

dustycroy
on 5/1/19 11:44 pm
Thank you so much..... for all the information..... so interesting

dustycroy
on 4/30/19 12:49 pm
Yes, because im so low with the vitamin D3, he told me to take the 50,000.00 unit pill for four days in a row, and then twice a week after that... My primary "in the beginning" to take the same pill only once a week. You have made me feel better about taking such a big amount. I was a bit nervous about it. The only thing is, is that these pills I get from the pharmacy are in "oil" form, not "dry". I told him my concerns, being that we are supposed to always do the dry because of the way we get rid of any extra fat from our systems.... Can I ask if your pills are oil or dry?

dustycroy
on 4/30/19 10:06 am
Thank You so much for your response. Yes, I would appreciate her phone number... absolutely..... I am at this moment receiving my first two units of blood, and then the hematologist has me set up with two iron infusions after that. He is also advising me on my low vitamin D3, and such.... I do like him, and he has said that he has treated other bariatric patients in the past..... I think I will give him a few weeks to see what kind of results we end up with.... It would be nice if I got lucky and have found someone in my area that knows what he is doing.... I still would like to have your doctors phone number for back up..... Thank you so much for the information.... Im hoping for a miracle...........lol

dustycroy
on 4/29/19 9:42 am
Yes he is a hematologist.... I looked at my labs last night it said my ferritin is at a three. Its my hemoglobin that is at a 6.1 . It is my primary care that thought I would maybe need a transfusion...... They said it makes you feel immediatly better, so I would like to have one.... I have felt pretty bad for such a long time..... I am also my husbands caregiver, as he suffers from M.S .. It has been hard care giving with no energy... I also have to start taking vitamin A shots so I dont go blind....... Uhg, so many other deficiencies which is why I really need to see someone that knows about this..... Thank you for your response, it did answer one of my questions....

dustycroy
on 4/28/19 2:28 pm
severely anemic, poor labs, I also need a doctor that understands how to treat D.S problems that is either in Washington state or Oregon......... Your not supposed to be lower than and eleven and I am a six..... I see the doctor tomorrow for a possible blood transfusion or iron infusion or maybe both....

dustycroy
on 11/25/17 2:08 pm
Topic: RE: My father is having DS done abroad. How long will he need to convalesce before traveling back home?
I stayed four days in the hospital and then another three in a hotel close by the facility..... the best tip I could give you is to buy the extra seat next to him.... I was given the same advise and I did it as well.... I sure am glad I did.. I was 372 pounds at surgery time, and trying to fit yourself in those small seats after surgery would be just about impossible.... Having that extra space next to myself was a life saver... even with that when I got up after being seated for a long time , you are still sore, and I was even a bit dizzy..... Buy the extra seat... the arms between the seats lift up, they will bring you a seat belt extender......

dustycroy
on 12/15/16 10:10 pm
dustycroy
on 12/15/16 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: Trip to India
I plan on going to my dads for one or two nights... My strategy, plain and simple is..... Im not eating..... yep thats right, I dont care, and I know I can do it..... I will drink plenty of liquids keeping myself well hydrated...... and bring gas X just in case.... that always really helps me.... My thing is, is that there is no way Im am going to leave a bathroom at someone elses house stinky, and noisy.... no way... I need my time in the morning comfortably to myself so I can relax and do my business in peace..... Yes, I have tried "pooporri" and I like it, but that still doesnt help the noise and the time that you spend in there, and lets face it doesnt completely take away the smell..... It is what it is..... and Im trueful about it with people.... Its funny I can talk about it pretty openly, but when it comes to just doing my thing, I need to be completely comfortable and to myself......lol If I had to be on a plane I know I would do the same thing....

dustycroy
on 11/7/16 12:42 am
Topic: RE: Protein absorption
Yes, I started doubling up and I feel a lot better..... wish I would have done it a lot sooner..... It is just so darn expensive already, and I was worried I was just wasting money.... I feel better, so I guess Im not.... My husband tells me not to worry about the money, just do what I need to do... got to love him......lol

dustycroy
on 11/7/16 12:38 am
dustycroy
on 11/7/16 12:38 am
Topic: RE: Protein absorption
thank you..

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 680 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views