dustycroy’s Posts

dustycroy
on 4/24/13 3:26 am
Topic: RE: Surgery is tomorrow

Soooooo excited for you!  Everyone here On OH will be thinking of you, and praying for your quick recovery!  We will

be looking forward to hearing your updates when your feeling up to it......GOOD LUCK, AND GOD BLESS.  Your going to

do GREAT!

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

dustycroy
on 4/23/13 8:15 pm
Topic: RE: When is the right time to start taking your vitamins after surgery?

When is the right time to start taking your vitamins after surgery?  I know we have some stored in our bodies for reserve, but

I also know how important it is to stay on top of vitamin taking.  Ive read on here how some people cant even eat soft foods

at a month out, and I imagine if thats true that maybe they are also having a hard time taking their vitamins.  So how long can we

safely go without taking vitamins after surgery?

dustycroy
on 4/23/13 9:14 am
Topic: RE: Post Op Update

Yes please keep doing updates, Im up for surgery next month, and I like reading whats in store for me, helps me to get over

the fear a bit.  Sounds like you are doing good, and on your way to better health.  Hang in there, this site is here for you when

ever you need to be heard.  In fact Im counting on it when I get home...lol.  So many nice people hear willing to listen, or help.

dustycroy
on 4/23/13 5:07 am
Topic: RE: DESPERATE for reminders why i should have the DS

Hi, AJ I was just wondering since you are six months out, Did you start out with the

Vitalady program?  Surgery for me is next month, and I think Im going to start there.

Depending on labs I would like to work my way down to the centrium multi, and add

in the others I need, for cost reasons.  I was just wondering what you do for your vitamins?

dustycroy
on 4/23/13 4:41 am
Topic: RE: What size bougie does Dr. Aceves use for his DS sleeve? I want smaller....

Surgery next month, and starting to over think things a little and micro manage.  I have gerd already, and have heard that having

a larger sleeve is better for that, but I have to admit, for regain reasons, I would like to have a little smaller than normal, and

fix my gerd with more medication if need be.  Whats everyone think???  My three week liquid diet starts tomorro.  Im 370 now,

but I know I will drop at least 25 by then, so that makes my start weight around 345, I want to get to 150.  I got a long way to go

and I want the best results.....what makes me special? who doesnt...lol 

dustycroy
on 4/23/13 4:23 am
Topic: RE: Gerd before DS surgery, How bad does it get after

Thank you for that.  It gives me hope, it would be nice...enlightened

dustycroy
on 4/22/13 2:24 am

Wow, I want to be like you.....lol. 

dustycroy
on 4/21/13 2:30 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone here take synthroid for, "low thyroid"? Does your DS absorb it ok?

Thanks everyone, your comments have helped alot.....

dustycroy
on 4/21/13 12:34 pm

I am taking 20mg Prilosec for my acid reflux, "gerd" a day.  Will I have to take more medication after I have my DS surgery?

dustycroy
on 4/21/13 4:01 am
Topic: RE: let the countdown begin

Good Luck, I look forward to hearing how things go for you.  Im sure it will be Great!

dustycroy
on 4/21/13 1:47 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone here take synthroid for, "low thyroid"? Does your DS absorb it ok?

I like your commet.  it encourages me, the one before it scares the heck out of me.  FYI, when ever someone comes to a Dr.

and they are having problems with "feeling not quit right", or is having panic attacks the first thing they test is your thyroid.  Low

thyroid "hypothyroidism" runs in my family.  Its not the Synthroid that causes the panic attacts, its the "sudden" lack of.

Hence the malabsorbion that Im so worried about.  Dr.s have always told me no when I ask them about the loosing weight, and

not needing as much synthroid, but I can tell you its true for me, and now I finaly know someone that this happens to also.  I

hope more people comment on this, that feel the same way you do, so I can feel better about it....lol

dustycroy
on 4/20/13 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: DS WENT WELL/Home

That is a GREAT! tip for people that just had, or are getting ready for surgery.  Simple, yet very, very important...

dustycroy
on 4/20/13 1:19 pm
Topic: RE: Going to Mexicali, MX. for surgery. Should I stay longer than 6 days to be safe?

Dr. Ungson doesnt assist him anymore, you can have him assist for an extra three thousand dollars if you would feel more

comfortable.  I am told that Dr. Ungson says he is fine to do it himself.  Now normally that wouldnt be enough for me, but I

have been researching since Sept 2012, and I know exactly who Im getting , "by reputation".  Ive talked to a few of his DS

patients, and all have long lasting praise for him.  Dr. Aceves normally keeps someone for six days, and I have decided to stay

eleven.  I hope in the end thats enough to make me feel comfortable before returning home......Thank you for all of your

comments.

dustycroy
on 4/20/13 1:01 pm

My surgery is next month, I take synthroid, and I have heard that certain medications are hard to absorb with the DS.  Its not

time released, and you must take it one hour before meals, or two hours after.  In other words "on an empty stomach".  If I dont

take this pill, I have straight up, the worst panic attacts that you could ever imagine, they last for days.  Its the most horrible thing

that you could ever imagine, and wouldnt want it to happen to your worst enemy..."unless your sadistic".   I know its kind of

late in the game to be asking, since the surgery is scheduled, and the plane tickets are purchased, but has anyone ever had any

touble taking their low thyroid medicine, synthroid, or levoxyl "generic for synthroid"?????

dustycroy
on 4/19/13 12:09 pm
Topic: RE: Ive done starvation diets in the past, Will that make it harder for me to loose after my DS

Yes, its going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.  Im mean loosing weight in totaly different way then I have

ever known.  Its hard to know what to expect, because everyone on this site has a different story.....Soon I'll have my own story.

Nervous, but very excited...

dustycroy
on 4/19/13 5:46 am
Topic: RE: Freshly minted DS

Congrats, an exciting time for sure.......

dustycroy
on 4/19/13 5:15 am
Topic: RE: Ive done starvation diets in the past, Will that make it harder for me to loose after my DS

Ive heard this rumor, that if you have done starvation diets in the past that you have a harder time loosing weight.  This is how I always lost my weight.  The only way I ever could.  First week is the hardest then it was really easy for me.  Weight would drop

off.  Loose up to 100 pounds, then the hair would start falling out...BAD, that would go on a couple months, then I would be truely

almost bald, so I would start eating again so it would stop falling out.  Viscous circle to say the least.  Now I will be getting my DS

next month on the 14.  I have alot to loose....Im 370, would like to get down to 150, "husband says 180"....lol gotta love him, is

afraid Ill get to skinny.  Now after researching Im wondering if I will be able to get to goal.  Im thinkin about saving a walking routine for the end, when I cant loose anymore.  I would apreciate any thoughts you might have on  starvation diets and future weight loss

and saving my walking routine for end when no more weight will come off ,and I need something to kick it in the a--.  Oh yeah,

about the hair loss, I know this time, I just have to accept it, and go with it, there will be no turning back this time.  I used to say,

Im either bald and skinny, or fat with hair.  That was my motto for years, there was no inbetween for me....

dustycroy
on 4/18/13 11:26 am
Topic: RE: I thought Crystal light was going to be safe for me. Is it????

Wow, thats interesting.  I didnt think off that angle, and that there was a difference.  Thats awesome, now I know if one doesnt

work, I should try the other.  Thank you so much for that.  I really, really apreciate it.  I hate plain water....lol

dustycroy
on 4/18/13 6:21 am
Topic: RE: Sore butt?!?!

Bag balm, its in green can at any drug store.  Years ago it was used to treat the utters of cows when they get chapped and sore

I believe it also has an antiseptic in it to promote healing.  A little goes a long way.  My kids use it for there bums, and chapped lips.

Its good for anything that is dry, and needs lubercating.  Ive owned three cans in the past twenty years, thats how long it last.

dustycroy
on 4/18/13 12:57 am
Topic: RE: Off to change my life!

Soooo excited for you!  Cant wait to hear from you when you get back! 

dustycroy
on 4/18/13 12:51 am

Thank you Alaska-Aries, and JG, everybody chimming has made me realize that everyone is different and that I just need to try

it myself to see if I can tolerate it.  I am encouraged, more yea, then nea.....

dustycroy
on 4/17/13 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: 17 Months Post Op!

You know you have done so well.  I was just wondering if you know how long your dr. left your common channel?

dustycroy
on 4/17/13 1:42 pm

I like it more then pop myself.  I guess Im just going to have to wait and see.  At least now I have a little hope...lol

dustycroy
on 4/17/13 1:40 pm

Something to consider, thank you....

dustycroy
on 4/17/13 9:02 am
Topic: RE: Pre-op Liquid Diet?? Any good soups?

I have a "Nutribullet", but you can also use a food processer.  You can liquifi any soup.  I have done "bean with bacon"

"chicken noodle", and split pea with ham.  It works great, I love it.  I even thought about doing a can of chili once, but

I still havent, you might have to add a little water though.  Im happy that I dont have to just do cream soups.  Sky is the limit.  The "Nutribullet" is wonderful.  Im so

glad I got it.  If you dont know what it is, go to UTUBE, and check it out.  Its perfect for our situation....

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 167 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 700 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views