crispapple’s Posts

crispapple
on 5/5/20 12:11 pm
Topic: RE: Multi vitamin without B6

Can anyone recommend a multivitamin that does not contain any B6?

CA

crispapple
on 2/1/19 5:24 am
Topic: RE: Hypoglycemia

Ankarew,

My wife was not diabetic before her original surgery. Her common channel was lengthened due to malabsorption. My wife checked her blood sugar this morning at 7am, her last meal was 10pm last night. The reading was 82 mg/dl. We have been thinking along the lines of concentrating on protein more and eating smaller meals more frequently, and maybe carrying something like glucose tablets in her bag for emergencies.

Thanks,

Steve

crispapple
on 1/31/19 2:52 pm

Janet,

She had her common channel lengthened from 80cm to 280cm. That was the only change. Normally her sugar level is within normal range, but she said that recently it just plummets for no apparent reason.

Her surgeon said she might have to be referred to an endocrinologist

Steve

crispapple
on 1/30/19 4:53 pm

I am on a fact finding mission for my wife. She had a duodenal switch quite some time ago now, and about a year back had a revision. She is suffering from - what I think is` called - reactive hypoglycemia. She is saying it used to be triggered from sugar, but now she seems to get low blood sugar no matter what she eats. Does anybody know what might be causing this condition, and if there is any way to control it?

She has been close to passing out quite a few times. Very worrying.

Thank you,

Steve

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 234 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 726 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views