Carewww_D’s Posts

Carewww_D
on 10/26/20 6:51 am
Topic: RE: Blank Slate Here, is there rapid weight loss with the DS procedure?

Janet P. Wow, you really stuck to your plan it sounds like. I'm very appreciative that you shared this private information. My gf is getting very serious about having surgery and a friend told me about this site so I can learn about what people have experienced and calm my nerves!

I am researching all I can about the top 3 surgeries so I am aware of what she is getting into and how I can support her since I would always want her to be healthier. I've been nervous about her doing this since I know very little about it and how any of it works, also how safe it is. The word surgery never has fit in my brain as being safe.

Carewww_D
on 10/19/20 11:18 am

Nicole this is so helpful, thank you! If my friend and I talk about that sensitive subject again soon, I'll let him know there's hope for balance! He has likely already talked to his doc. Based on your surgery date, you have a good bit of experience with DS, so I hope you post often with such great information. Appreciated!

Carewww_D
on 10/19/20 11:11 am

Hi there...good information here. I think we're going to attend a few support group meetings to get the story from those who have had the surgery. Virtually of course, with this dang pandemic. Thanks for your insight and help.

Carewww_D
on 10/19/20 11:08 am

PattyL, so is there a timeframe at which point this type of reaction stops? 4 months? 6 months? Maybe it wasn't even the surgery?

Carewww_D
on 10/14/20 7:31 am

PattyL, yes, the friend who had wls is male. I can't completely go from his experience, since my girlfriend is the one looking into surgery. I only know what he told me after he was two months post-surgery. Maybe his ended up being something else. Do reactions to surgery and results differ between men and women?

Thank you for being so honest, and thanks for the heads up on the birth control!

Carewww_D
on 10/12/20 2:50 pm

Again, sorry to y'all. Not a clue what this procedure is, reading the books is fine, but if anyone can share real person experiences, I appreciate the help. My girlfriend thinks she wants DS but I'm trying to educate my own self about weight loss surgery. I have a friend who had it and lost his desire for food and sex at the same time. Is that normal? Thanks...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 156 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 695 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views