cgraham36’s Posts

cgraham36
on 10/30/21 7:00 am
Topic: RE: RNY to BPD/DS Revision! Surgery DEC 9th 2021

Thank you so much for sharing! That's really good to hear that she has maintained her weight loss for that long. My original surgery was laparoscopic, and the surgery will also be laparoscopic. I have friends who have had revisions with both their original and their revision being open, there was additional screen but it did not prevent the doctors from feeling confident on operating.

cgraham36
on 10/29/21 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: RNY to BPD/DS Revision! Surgery DEC 9th 2021

Hello OHELP family! Feels so good to be back on Obesity Help... I had RNY Gastric Bypass back in 2004 (I was 15 years old at the time) and was a very active member on Obesity Help. (DR.ADAM NAAMAN, RETIRED, HOUSTON MEMORIAL HERMANN) I was 430 LBS at the time of surgery. I got down to my lowest weight of 185 after 6 years... which was age 21. I slowly, VERY slowly gained weight over the years... today I am 320 LBS and 34 years old. I have been seeing my Gastric Bypass surgeon for about 10 months (DR.MARIO DEL PINO, MCALLEN, TX RGV HOSPITAL) pondering the idea of a revision and decided about 6 months ago that I wanted to do it... so I am past all of the red tape, dietician visits and have full approval (by the grace of God) to have the BPS/DS revision performed... surgery date is 12/9. I am SUPER excited but also a little nervous, so I wanted to chat here with those who have had the same/similar procedure or in the process etc.

Help keep me honest here, I cant remember for certain but I am almost 100% sure that my doctor told me he wont be modifying my pouch.. he said during my scope that the pouch size was still nice and small (even though I can eat much more than when I 1st had my RNY) and that I would "technically be able although absolutely not recommended" to still eat whatever I wanted because this procedure is malabsorptive in nature and not changing anything with the stomach. He did state the 1st 4-8 weeks its still recommended to follow the clear liquids and then soft foods/puree portions of the diet... Does this sound right?

Question about common channel... should I be asking how much or how little of this he is bypassing? I am not certain that I fully understand that it even truly matters with an experiences surgeon but would like to hear from you all as well.

Vitamins, Vitamins, Vitamins... I am currently taking a daily multivitamin, Iron, Vitamin C (Gummy) and B12 (Gummy) every day, I never miss a vitamin... my understanding is that I will need to add Vit A and Vit K... is this accurate? How much of those vitamins? What other vitamins?

Weight loss expectations? My surgeon said he believes that with the revision, he believes I can lose anywhere between 85-90% of my excess body weight and keep that off... what are your experiences or thoughts? He stated my age is still on the younger end of things and with proper diet and exercise, he feels I can be a true success story. Does this operation generally promote fast weight loss?

And LASTLY... What advice or recommendations do you have? Doing it laparoscopic, any idea about how much time I may need to take off? I feel like a week is ample, what are your experiences?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 245 views