BMcDade1970’s Posts

BMcDade1970
on 2/15/22 7:45 am
Topic: RE: Meal Plans

Hi Denise and thank you. I am working with my doctor for my type 2 diabetes and things are starting to get better. Thank you for your message.

BMcDade1970
on 12/31/21 9:15 am

Thank you so much! My daughter is going to help me implement this and start exercising. You are always so helpful. Happy New Year to you and your family.

BMcDade1970
on 12/30/21 1:59 pm

Thank you, I will do that. I am 1 year postop, and I feel like nothing is happening because of the insulin I have to take. When I take it, it makes me feel like I am starving. So, I am at a loss for what to do

BMcDade1970
on 12/30/21 7:45 am

I was just wondering if anyone has any particular meal plan they follow or can provide ideas to me. I am totally stumped!

BMcDade1970
on 12/30/21 7:44 am
Topic: RE: RNY to BPD/DS Revision! Surgery DEC 9th 2021

I get my vitamins from Bariatric Pal and always buy the liquid vitamins. I highly recommend Buying the Wellesse vitamins. I have the DS and at one time got really sick because I was not absorbing anything at all. I ended up with a PICC line and on TPN for several months. On June 1st my doctor did a small revision which has helped me so much. The problem that I have is that I am back on insulin because the TPN did something to my body. My starting weight was 270 and before June 1st I had gotten to 199. Currently I am fluctuating between 208 and 215. I'm struggling with the fact that insulin can make you gain weight. I am determined to get below 200. Good luck on your new journey!

BMcDade1970
on 11/26/21 7:46 am
Topic: RE: Weight gain 1 year post op

Thank you so much! Reading this made me feel so much better and I appreciate your input. I have started watching what I am eating and I am determined to get below 200. I have downloaded MyFitnessPal and have started using it. Thank you again.

BMcDade1970
on 11/26/21 7:43 am

From my understanding it was from the surgery. My pouch may have been too small. I had a bowel resection in June where the doctor extended the bowel a little more so that I can absorb foods better. It's working but I am at a standstill on back on insulin

BMcDade1970
on 11/24/21 8:47 am

Hello, I am Brenda. I had DS 1 year ago. I was able to stop all diabetes medication and was losing weight, I was pretty happy with the results. BUT...I got malnourished. I was put on TPN in April 2021. I continued with TPN until June when my surgeon had to go back in and make a small change so that I could absorb the way I should Well that is when the problems started. I was put back on insulin. I was so upset about that. The whole reason I had this surgery is to have a better quality of life and to stop all these medications.

After starting insulin again that is when I started gaining weight. I was 199 and now today I am 214. I am very upset about this and it makes me feel like I got the surgery for nothing. Insulin makes me crave food after I take it. Usually an hour after I have insulin I am looking for sweets or something. So I made a change, instead of taking my insulin at night I am not taking it in the morning to help combat the cravings. It's working a little. I also work from home and I am not moving as much as I should. I know I need to and have no excuse as to why I'm not but I do know that I am being lazy. after Christmas I am definitely getting a gym membership, I have to start moving.

Now we are at the holidays and the temptation is so real.

I am looking for advice, tips, anything at this point. Help!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views