Dutchy’s Posts

Dutchy
on 5/23/07 12:01 am
Topic: RE: OT - Jordin or Blake???
Jordin .. Jordin .. jordin what a talent.
Dutchy
on 5/22/07 11:58 pm
Topic: RE: 1 month post op
Hi all, Well i am one month post op and alive to tell the story :) I have updated my profile for those who may want to see what can happen when your staple lines open after surgery.. this pic is graffic but feel free to sneak a peak. Even though i am having a rough go of it i would still do the surgery (less the complications) of course. The only thing other than my wound that is dragging me down is a little depression i can feel it i am not my normal chipper self and just don't feel like making conversations with people or answering the phone etc ... thats to be expected right? Talk soon Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/22/07 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: Life Insurance Post op??
I am an insurance agent but in Canada, however the rules are the same everywhere... Your right some companies will say no way but if they do there home work my underwriters told me that a post op WLS client would have to wait at least 6 months and they would be looking at a 150- 200% surcharge minimum.. thats with one company though .. and as you know there are many. If it were me and i got approved but with a large surcharge i would decrease my coverage at least i would have some in place. Good luck and looking forward to hearing what happens. Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/19/07 8:37 am
Topic: RE: Food question 1 month out.. need advice!
I did it .. I ate the salad and chicken wings.. well i had 1 and a half wings and a nice small salad.. i took it slow and easy and it felt good on my tummy. So now i wait to see how the salad will effect me hahah Thanks all for the words of advice. Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/19/07 4:47 am
Topic: RE: Food question 1 month out.. need advice!
I am really starting to crave some of my old foods so who better to ask but you guys. I have some guests over for the hockey game and i am making chicken wings .. not slithered in sauce but just a dry rub in the oven ... can i have one? or will it make me sick? Also making a nice tosses salad with tomatoes and cucumbers .. would like some of that do you think its okay? Last thing .. dill pickles man o man do i want a dill pickle.. wadda think? Thanks all  Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/17/07 5:45 am
Topic: RE: Smiling on the Inside
Wow Carol 90pounds woo hoo that is great. I am exactly 4 weeks post op today .. i have had my bumps along the road for sure but i am starting to feel like i am turning a corner with the DS. We shall see... i am down 40 pounds so thats nothing to snuff at eh? Congrats Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/14/07 9:12 am
Topic: RE: OT Go Sens Go!!!
Wooo hoooo You said it sister!! Go Sens Go Kerry
Dutchy
on 5/2/07 3:33 am
Topic: RE: What did you EAT Tuesday?
I hada good day. b- 1/2 cup special k w/banana l- a few strawberries d- 2 slices of processed chicken (very thin sliced), 2 tsp cottege cheese and a strawberry 2 glasses of water
Dutchy
on 4/28/07 10:52 am
Topic: RE: Am i eating enough?
I am just a week out from my ds surgery and this is what i have eaten today.. i dont think its enough what do you all think? b-poached egg s-slice of watermelon l-half a protien shake d-other half of protein shake  couple bites of cottege cheese Water an all time low maybe 10 oz Thanks Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/25/07 7:53 am
Topic: RE: wound leaking
Hi maureen i am doing okay .. over at the drury inn and i justhad my fist shower awwwwwmygod was that heaven. my would is weaping but nothing to be worried about dr gave me some drugs how i am gonna swallow thehorse pills in something i will have to figure out. I am here you are more than welcome to call me here ..my mom just got back from eating her snacks. well off to lie down need a nap. Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/25/07 1:17 am
Topic: RE: wound leaking
my wound is leaking should i be worrid? dr l is giving me antibiotics. also i do have some cramps in my tummy is this normal?' ' thanks kerry
Dutchy
on 4/16/07 6:16 am
Topic: RE: See you on the Switch Side
Thanks so much for all your kind words of support. You guys are the greatest support and i could not have gotten this far without you all. Love and hugs Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/16/07 5:17 am
Topic: RE: I look like a road map...
Swinging my chickens... what are the chickens aways?? is it the lose skin under your arms? lol All the best for your surgery and a speedy recovery, we will recover together. Take care Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/15/07 11:33 pm
Topic: RE: See you on the Switch Side

Hey everyone!

Well it's my turn.. Wow the time has flown by and i can't believe the time has come.

But whats with the freakin weather .. sheesh we woke up in Ottawa with a pile of snow.. thank god i didn't take off the winter tires.

I leave bright and early Tuesday morning and will be switched Thursday.

My Angel is Kelly and she will be keeping everyone up to date.

Talk to you all soon.

Kerry

Dutchy
on 4/12/07 6:38 am
Topic: RE: 1 WEEK TO GO.. YIKES!!

Hi everyone. Well i am getting switched one week today, I am happy, excited and scared all in one. I guess that is normal .. imagine i am normal haha. I do have some questions, do you have a hard time burping after this surgery? and do the burps taste bad? People have told me that my tastes will be altered but i obviously cant grasp how .. do foods taste crappy? I feel i have a million things going through my head and nobody to calm me down and say breathe calm down. What foods should i totally avoid after surgery besides the obvious fats etc? Can i have tic tacs to take the bad taste away in my mouth? cause i am not allowed gum. I will have more questions to come for sure. I have asked a few people about last words of advice if you have some thoughts please share them with me. Thanks  Kerry

Dutchy
on 4/11/07 11:23 am
Topic: RE: It's official: I'm moving to Canada!
Welcome to the dark side ... EH!!!!! Well at least  living in Alberta you wont need to parlez francais :))) Kerry  
Dutchy
on 4/10/07 9:03 am
Topic: RE: Biotin and hair questions
Hi Deanna, I am not sure about the Biotin but i am a hairdresser and all i know for sure if your losing hair and want to slow down the process getting your ends trimmed will be good for the ends but your losing it from the root.. so cutting it won't stop the loss. When it comes to highlights .. i wouldn't recommend a cap you will lose hair for sure so maybe foils done without bleach do some natural highlights a couple of shades lighter than your natural colour this way you won't damage your already vulnerable hair. I am going for my DS with Dr L next week .. yikes i am getting nervous.. anyways i have very fine hair it is like feathers its that fine.. i bought some hairpieces that match my hair and i have been testing them out .. so far nobody notices hahah, i am worried about hair loss, but at least it will grow back! So how are you feeling these days? I know you were having a hard time in the beginning.. any words of advice for me? Take care Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/8/07 12:31 pm
Topic: RE: IDS 42g Protein Bullets
Hey Carol I tried one when i was down for my consult with Dr L and whew it was sour.. it was the orange flavour and i had a hard time drinking it before surgery lol. I hear they make a grape one i am willing to give that a try when i go for my surgery in less then two weeks. I thought our GNC stores carried them here? I have not been but i am planning to go tomorrow. I will let you know if they have them here. Good luck. Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/5/07 6:09 am
Topic: RE: 1 month, total loss = ____

Hey girl. Congrats on your loss that is fantastic. Save some room on the bench for me I am getting switched two weeks from today. Any words of wisdom from an old pro :) ? Kerry

Dutchy
on 4/2/07 1:45 pm
Topic: RE: Why do protien shakes/drinks smell so bad?
Thanks Jane. I am not the only one hahah  Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/2/07 1:36 pm
Oh so we can do a bar instead of a shake? I didn't know this was an option... i can do the bars no problem i just don't like the smell of the shake its okay not mixed but the minute i add water .. woooof there is that smell. Thanks :)
Dutchy
on 4/2/07 1:08 pm
I tried protien skakes before and i have the same complaint, they smell like dirty baby diapers to me .. no matter what the brand and i have tried more than 5 they all smell the same way and it makes me gag now.. how am i suppose to drink these when i have a new tummy to deal with. Are there any protien powders that don't have a smell?  I bought some stacker 2 water tonight and i have to say it doesn't smell of protein it tastes a little bit but it is tolerable i think once cold or blended with ice it will be better... so thanks Bob for that tidbit. Anyone ever had DS and not do any shakes? Thanks Kerry
Dutchy
on 4/2/07 2:44 am
Topic: RE: I am starting to freak out!
Okay so in less than three weeks I will be switched, I feel not ready for this at all, my 6 year old is sad to see me go and what it i don't come back. In the beginning all i was afraid of is vomiting (huge phoiba) and didn't care about the death part now i am freaking about the death part... I am not ready to die... OMG this is the worst. How will i handle the restriction will it make me freak out??? having a sip of water here and there just wont cut it for me i am a huge water drinker... I don't like having a dry mouth it is just something that really bothers me. I know why i am doing this surgery but i just cannot believe i am doing this surgery, I find i am having fantasies about food and i go and grab the food i know i am not suppose to have simply because i wont be able to have it anymore post ds.. i have gained 10 pounds and i think i did it on purpose like i am sabotaging any pre-ds weight loss that the dr wanted me to have.. will he cancel the surgery one me .. should i call and warn him?? Is this normal??  How do i get past this feeling of impending doom.. i feel like a am losing a friend(food). Kerry
Dutchy
on 3/30/07 12:44 am
Topic: RE: A DS Nutritional Book???

I'll be your agent. But i want 20%  Kerry

Dutchy
on 3/28/07 8:12 am
Topic: RE: Nervous (kind of long)
Hey Gorgeous!! i was thinking about your perdicament, you know you could say that the climate in Canada has made you swell .. hell i live here and use that all the time lol. Seriously, you are doing so great.. wow i can only hope to do so well. Oh where in Canada? I am in Ottawa ... is it close to that? Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views