cattywompos’s Posts

cattywompos
on 8/28/22 12:51 am
Topic: RE: 10yrs post DS-gassy, irritated bowels

It has been years since I've been on this forum! So glad it's still here because I'm at my wits end and need help!

First let me confess that I am a weightloss failure. Had VSG and with alot of hard work on my end lost 100+ lbs. Stalled, even gained, because my body adjusted had the DS. Lost 30lbs of the 50 I gained back and that is where I've stayed for the past 6 years.

Now I'm not complaining, without the revision I most likely would be a very large person, and I may have done better if I stuck to the exercise and a better diet, truthfully. But what makes me wish I'd never done it is how I feel.

I am so sick of being gassy and having bowel issues! It honestly seems that no matter what I eat I have gas and diarrhea. Luckily I make it through most of my day fine but then evening hits and my guts are a mess. Often, like tonight, my sleep is even disrupted by it.

I have been trying to cut things that I think may be the issue and have weeded out some things but I'm finding that it seems EVERYTHING bothers my gut.

I 've been trying to research diets but most have recipes with veggies, fruit, dairy which my body can't tolerate. And when I search DS diet I get alot of post op info but nothing years out. I suppose I could see a doctor or nutritionist but being a weightloss failure, I'm a bit ashamed.

So, turning here for suggestions on diet. What sits best with you? I don't even care about weightloss, I just want to feel better!

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 120 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views