Anyone get lap band after RNY? How is it?

Theresa W.
on 4/13/11 1:59 am - Northern Lower, MI
Had my RNY December, 2003...lost total of 125 lbs.  Successful in my opinion.  Then of course bad habits creep in, old cravings, etc. and gradually started to gain.  Now, after 8 years out, I have gained back 60 lbs.  I was thinking maybe the lap band would be an option, less invasive, etc.  Has it worked for anyone out there?  Thanks.  T

twinmom70
on 4/17/11 11:52 am
I am asking the same thing. I had RNY in may 2001... lost 140 and gained back 70.  I am either considering a revision or the lapband.  Any info would be so helpful.  Cheryl
BananaGal
on 4/18/11 6:36 am - IL
Unfortunately I don't have an answer . . . just wanted to say that I'm wondering the same thing. I had a gastric sleeve in Feb of 2008 and only lost about 75lbs. I'm still over 300lbs so I've considered the band . . .
Amy R.
on 4/18/11 4:56 pm
Have you tried posting this on the Main Board? I'm asking because there is at least one person that I know of there that has had the band over bypass procedure and she has done great. I wish I could remember her name, but of course I can't.

If you post this on the main board I'm sure you'll get some feedback though - there is a lot more traffic over there and many folks have had revisions of some sort or another.

Good luck to all 3 of you. =)
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 12:14 pm - San Diego, CA
Me, Amy?  :)

My original RNY was in 2001 at 259 lbs.  I lost down to 145, maintained for 8 years, then lost track of myself and ate myself back up to 190.  I had my band-over-bypass procedure in 5/09, am 29 lbs under my goal weight and have maintained that loss for 15 months now.  I LOVE MY BAND.

Any other questions, let me know!

Amy R.
on 4/22/11 1:24 pm
Yep, you Lisa!!!!  I'm glad you found this thread.  NOW I'll remember your name   =)

So glad you are doing well with the band - so much negativity about it on the boards  that it's awesome to have someone to refer people to who is doing so well.

ebanks
on 6/23/11 7:18 am - Glen Daniel, WV
That's great! Did you have insurance and if so, did it pay for the band after ryn?
Karen73
on 6/29/11 11:27 am
Hi Lisa,
I am considering a revision. I had gastric bypass in 2002. I started at 326. I lost down to 175. I am now back to 255. I have tried so many eating plans and due to injury walking is very painful. How did everything go for you? Are you still glad that you did it?
tbatoto24
on 3/18/13 5:07 pm

hello, If you dont mind who was your Dr.?

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 1:32 am
I am a new bander and so far I like it a whole lot. I had my surgery on 3/25/2011 and have already lost 25 lbs. I know that I have a long ways to go, but the future looks brighter to me than it did. My pressure have already changed on my CPAP for sleep apnea. I am in a smaller dress size. I feel good about myself. I don't know much about RNY surgery, so I can not identify with that. I just know that before my surgery all I heard people talking about was gastric bypass surgery. I have had several people to ask me why did I choose the lap band and I said it is a personal choice. I researched the lap band for 3 years and taking 3 seminars on it. I am learning as I go, but I still would choose the lap band, because it is not as invasive as the gastric bypass.
Most Active