Hi - New to the forum- glad its here, but sad

Susan K.
on 9/25/11 1:29 pm - Beecher, IL

I have anew insurance.  Its BCBS of Illinois Blue HMO
Has anyone EVER heard of tis possibly covering a ne surgery ?  My OLD Aetna did NOT cover.  Iwas a self pay.  4 years of $500 pymnts, next month being my last.  I feel like I NOW have NOTHING to show for eat except a body that is putting it's 80lb weight loss back on.

I haven't been diagnosed yet , but I lost all of my restriction.   Due to insurance issues, it's going to be awhile before I can get seen by anyone....

I just pray I can close my mouth & keep it off.

Thanks for all your advice in advance

Can I ask if anyone has had gone from a band to a sleeve & was a cash pay, how much was it ?
Since I have lost this weight, if I can get another loan ( which we're in a worse financial predicament then we were 5 years ago due to the economy) I will do it.  I have 4 daughters to live for, I CAN't lose this battle.

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

KikiRox85
on 10/11/11 5:12 pm - CA
Theres a woman on youtube called biscuits... she went from the band to the sleeve. shes a self pay. I would definitely look her up on youtube.
Hope that helps

hallyc
on 10/13/11 9:26 pm
We have BCBS of Illinois. It covered my husband's lapband. The removal of it 3 months ago and the will cover the cost of the sleeve next week. He did all the research himself, got himself very family with the insurance company until they were all on a first name basis. He found out what he needed to do to have the insurance cover all the costs and they have in the past and will in the future.

Good luck with your research.
Most Active