5 day pouch test

BabyPhat2008
on 1/7/12 12:04 pm
Can anyone tell how this works or where I can find information?
Ladi_DiAnna
on 1/9/12 6:48 am - Columbus, OH
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/
This is the website for the 5DPT.
Let me know if you want to start this. We can do it together. I've tried it before. Depending on the individual, it can be kinda tough the first couple of days. But I really NEED to do this again.
Kim S.
on 1/13/12 4:17 am - Helena, AL
Ladies, I'm gonna be honest here.  This is a crash diet.  If it really worked, would you need to do it again???

Let go of that diet quick fix mentality.  Try this:

1) begin tracking everyhting you put into your mouth.  You can do that here on OH in the Health Tracker.  I've used it for over 2 years now.

2) Determine your RMR http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

3) Set your daily caloric level at your RMR - 500.  This will set you up to lose 1 lb per week, which is the safest level to shoot for AND it will give you enough food so you don't feel deprived.

4) Make 100-120 grams of protein per day your goal.  I eat a 6-7 oz chicken breast grilled every single day.  That alone is 53 grams of protein, and it is real food so I feel full.

5) Eat 6-7 small meals each day.  This will keep your blood sugar level and will keep you feeling full.

6) Exercise.  Everyday.  At least 30 minutes.  If your heartrate is up and you are sweating, you are good.

7)  Follow the rules of your surgery.  Do not drink with meals and do not drink for at least 30 minutes afterward.  Limit simple carbs and sugar, but don't completely eliminate them.  If you do, you'll feel deprived, and we all know how well that has worked for us in the past.......

8)  Come here for support.  We are here for you.

LorraineH
on 2/15/12 12:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/12/09 with
so my RMR is
 1,480 (calories)

and I remove 500?

Kim S.
on 2/21/12 12:32 am - Helena, AL
Yes, if that is your calculation, you'd need to reduce it by 500 calories per day to lose a lb a week.  I'm guessing that it is so low because you don't exercise?  For the best benefit, begin exercising.....then you can increase your daily RMR...which results in more food each day, which keeps you fuller and less likely to overeat.  Also, building muscle mass greatly improves your metabolism.

LorraineH
on 2/21/12 1:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/12/09 with
Thanks so much Kim.
I have been going to the gym for the past year. Was training with a personal trainer and put on 20lbs... I'm really upset over this. I know some is muscle mass and some is fat because I've been eating a lot of bad carbs/starch/sugars, etc. I've not been to the gym since the start of the new year.
I'm just really depressed and disappointed. I'm not living up to my side of the bargain. It was easy the first year. Second year was ok but I stopped losing. Now it's hell, because I'm back to eating the way I've always eaten plus the huge re-gain. Very, Very disappointed.

Lorraine

LorraineH
on 2/21/12 1:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/12/09 with
wow just checked my ticker and 2 years ago I was 29lbs less

02/22/2010  159lbs
02/21/2012  190lbs

Kim S.
on 2/26/12 11:33 pm - Helena, AL
Lorraine-stop beating yourself up.  The only way I allow self destructive behavior is if it is burning calories!!

Stop thinking about a number on a scale.  As a matter of fact, just put it away for a while.  Attack this as a matter of good habits and good health.

We are obese, for life, just in remission.  We will always have to fight to keep our weight off.  Self loathing and pity are not going to move you in the right direction.  Find something cute in your closet that used to fit, and hang it where you can see it every day.  And make it a goal.  Then do the right things to reach that goal like making good food choices and moving your body, every day, even when you don't want to.

You got this!  You are important enough to dedicate the time needed to lose these extra lbs you found.

I am here for you if you need a slap on the hiney or a shoulder to cry on.

Most Active