What to do now?

sweetronna
on 5/22/12 7:52 am - Fairbanks, AK

I had a RNY on December 13, 2008.  I lost 100 lbs and have gained back 50.  I did not gain weight because I fell of the proverbial wagon.  I started developing allergies to fruit, vegetables and nuts.  I'm severly allergic to birch trees and if a specific food has birch protein in it or is cross pollinated with birch pollen I end up with an anaphylaxtic reaction.  I've been in the ER more times than I can count.  My last stint in the ER occured because I drank a protein drink.  Now I can't even follow the prescribed diet!  My allergist has told me to stay away from all fruits, vegetables and nuts and anything containing these things.  He says I have the worst case he has ever seen.  How do I lose the weight now?  Will a revision help me?  Any advice will be welcome.  I can only have certain kinds of meat, because most gets caught in my stoma and now I'm limited to processed foods. 

Mell
on 5/23/12 4:57 am
Maybe if you grew some of your own veggies?? You would know exactly where they come from? How about fish? Beans? Whole grains like barley?
I use an egg white natural protein shake mix by Jay Robbs you can actually read all the ingredients on the list which I love!
Good luck.
Terry Cieniewicz
on 6/3/12 11:52 am - Martinez, GA
WOW, thats a tough one.  That really only leaves meat.  I don't know that even using organic or even growning your own will help because of cross pollination. You need an expert but I don't
what kind.

Sorry I'm no help.

Most Active