I went to see a bariatric dietitian

Tri_harder
on 11/7/12 10:53 am

I went to a bariatric dietitian 2 days ago because my RNY failed.  She recommended 1800 calories for which I am really grateful.  I have tried to eat 1200 calories for 6 years and I just can't do it.  It makes me feel like a failure over and over again.  I know weight loss will be extremely slow, but that is ok.  She really switched my meal plan up a lot.  Now I eat 3 meals of 400 calories and 6 snacks of 100 calories each.  I am eating fruits and veggies in the morning and only protein for the evening snacks.  I am only eating out 1 or 2 times a week.  It has worked for 2 days and I feel good.  I am not getting on the scale until I go see her next month.  She wants me to eventually stop writing my food diary too.  It has become an obsession.  I think eventually I will be able to estimate calories and if I consistently eat 400 calories or 100 calories there will be no need to write everything down.  They also have a machine that measures the resting metabolism.  I didn't do it yet but I guess you just breath into it.  I want this to work so badly because years and years of failing has made me feel so badly.     

lurknomore
on 11/9/12 9:17 pm

I interested in seeing how the change up works for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks!

Most Active