Down 4 lbs. in the past month

Tri_harder
on 11/23/12 11:25 pm

I have seen a bariatric dietitian, psychologist and therapist last month.  I realized I have a lot of skills but don't use them all the time.  I tried the 1800 calories and things to keep me busy and logging my food and "correcting" my mistakes, etc.  5 days ago I started 1500 to 1600 calories.  I am trying to keep calories consistent.  I am thinking about everything I eat before I eat it.  I know this is very compulsive and really look forward to the day I can trust my judgment and not be so regimented.  Hopefully, that will happen soon.  This morning though I lost the 4th pound this month.  I realize it is incredibly slow but I am enjoying the food I eat and I don't feel deprived.  I am losing rather than gaining.   I am logging on OH health tracker which is pretty easy to use.  I am still eating too many carbs, but they come from fruits, veggies and fibrous starches. My hunger seems to be manageable.  I drew up lists of things to keep me busy and it is helping to take my mind off of eating. Tri

pineview01
on 11/24/12 3:14 am, edited 11/24/12 3:15 am - Davison, MI

Your doing great and doing it right?  I had my band removed on 9/4.  I am trying very hard to maintain.  I was able to lose 50 pounds since January as they were unfilling my band to keep it lose.  I was doing what you are. logging everything and weighing every am.  I was able to keep at 1200 calories while I had the lose band in.  Now it is out I'm trying hard to do 12-1800 and just keep from gaining.  It is so hard without any WLS.

Also one thing I try to keep in mind.  I was 280 when I started the Process with my PCP four years ago and gaining.  Even though I didn't get to goal, regained to 260 a year ago even then I figure the band was a success because if I hadn't gotten it I would have been well over 300 at the rate I was going.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tri_harder
on 11/25/12 5:46 am

Personally I think the vsg would have been the perfect surgery for me.  My stomach was too big and just to make it smaller would have been helpful.  My unrestrictive RNY was never a help for me.  If I had known what he was going to do to me I never would have had the surgery with Dr. Prewitt.  The nice thing about the lapband is it is posible to revise to the VSG.  Good luck to you and congratulations on losing 50 lbs.  I know you will do fine.  Tri

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 11/26/12 11:31 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Hooray!

Yeah, it takes a lot of work to lose four pounds. It's no trouble at all to gain four pounds. Sigh.

You put in the effort and got results. Brava!

Most Active