Band Removed 3 years ago - recently had a few "stuck" feeling episodes?

RiahG
on 11/26/12 2:30 pm - WA

3 years ago while 31 weeks pregnant, my band slipped horribly and I had to have it removed.  Horrifying experience that I've never really come to terms with.  I have gained back every bit of the weight that was lost.  I'm sad - I was so successful (in terms of pounds lost, at least) that it was a heartbreak to lose the band.  But risking my little one and my own life - I was unable to eat or drink, excruciating pain, and multiple hospital visits - none of that was an option.

Band removed, weight gained back.

In the last week I have had two episodes that felt reminiscent of being stuck.  It has eventually passed and I haven't thrown up. It's just the discomfort and stuck feeling.  Anyone else experienced this feeling several years out?  I will seek help of a doctor but in the meantime I was wondering if I am alone in feeling this?

Nic M
on 11/30/12 1:27 pm

I'm sorry you went through this. It sounds so familiar to me. My band nearly killed me, too.

I'm thinking that perhaps you have a hiatal hernia. I know that feeling... and it's when the top portion of the stomach slides up through the hernia that you get that stuck, icky feeling. I take Dexilant daily and it has helped enormously.

You should probably get checked out for a hiatal hernia... they're pretty common. I developed a doozy while banded.

Good luck and I empathize with you completely (I've also regained every stinkin' pound I lost. )

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active