5 years out lapband and now have a slight slip now looking to revise to sleeve

angdenise
on 3/6/13 10:27 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13

Just found out that I have a slight slip in my band.  I'm not at 0 fill and still have restriction.  Good news is I am not completely slipped so I can plan my next step.  I see my surgeon next week.  I am hopeful that I can get my insurance to cover a revision to the sleeve.  As well as I have done with the band I really want it out.  It's been finicky with my hormones and weather and my restriction was never consistent.  I lost 140 originally but have put 60 back on.    I want to be able to eat healthy foods without worried about getting stuck on the littlest thing.  Any band to sleeve conversions here who had gained on the band but then was able to lose on the sleeve?  Advise is welcome.

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

karenelizabeth
on 6/6/13 11:31 am - Gonzales, LA
I sure wish someone would have posted a reply because I too am thinking of going from the lap band to a sleeve. I had LB surgery SEVERAL years ago and only lost 20lbs. Of course I put it right back on within months. I am still 75lbs over weight.i have a sister who also had LB surgery unsuccessfully. I'm sure if we had a doctor who was more experienced in LB's maybe we could have done better-no one wanted to touch us since we had surgery in Mexico. Good luck to you!
KEM
Bucketta
on 6/9/13 5:18 am

Jean that use to post on the lab band forum went from band to sleeve.  I do not go to the band forum anymore because I went from band to RNY.  She may be on the sleeve forum now, but she wrote books about lab band so I bet she is still there, too.  Look her up.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

angdenise
on 6/9/13 6:49 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13
Thanks. I just revised to the sleeve almost two weeks ago.

wink~~~Angie~~~

tsampson125
on 7/7/13 3:40 am
hi my name is Tracy. i just finished my 6 month process of getting the sleeve. IM now waiting on insurance. if you could please keep me informed on your progress. IM excited can't wait IM hoping for surgery in late Aug or Sept. depends on what insurance will cover. thank you
Taz-Princess
on 7/25/13 12:26 am - By The Beach , CA

Hi I am Tammy  I did well with my band also lost 105 pds . But had a slip . Hated mornings with my band . I had to do the 6 months sup diet 3 with the nut and the psych doc . Had to have  the band out for 3 months just finish all the hoop jumping waiting for the insurance to approve. I am hoping i get approved  I have gained 30 without my band but it feels so good  to be able to eat meat. celery . Hoping for August 20  surgery date .there is a  Band2Sleeve board Gorditabonita is the mod there she has already had the sleeve from band .Also the a vsg board there is alot of us over there !!!  Well have a great Day !!!!    Tammy

angdenise
on 7/25/13 1:23 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13
I had my surgery on May 28. I'm down 39 so far and loving the sleeve.

wink~~~Angie~~~

Most Active