Back on track and feeling great

PixieButterfly2005
on 6/29/13 9:36 pm - Eugene, OR

I had my RNY in May 2004 (310 pounds), originally lost all the way down to 167 (total highest weight prior to the Gastric Bypass was 375 in Summer of 2003). Had a few good years then a slow steady weight gain of about 20 pounds here and there, until October 2009 when I was diagnosed with a Neurological condition that was shutting down my endocrine system and I was back up to 270 pounds.  I thought seriously about a RNY revision, but could not find a doctor who would even agree to see me. My surgeon had retired, did not have a good reputation in our area, so no one was willing to follow up on his patients. I struggled and got off 35 pounds, then went through two major personal tragedies, then had a total hysterectomy and gained back 15. January of 2013 I found myself at 257, not sleeping, having 7-9 episodes of hypoglycemia a day during waking hours, horrid restless leg syndrome.... A friend had recently lost 87 pounds and I wanted to know how... Long story short I began her program, with her as my Health Coach, I am now down 60 pounds, I am 17 pounds from the goal my doctor wants me at in order to have a tummy tuck to remove the tons of excess skin. I feel great, I am sleeping, I have tons of energy, I have not had a single hypoglycemic episode since 24 hours into the program. I truly feel this program has given my pouch the rebirth it needed. The program works so well with the RYN's small pouch. It is the right ratio of protein to carbs... I recently had all my labs done and for the first time they are normal!!

375/169/238/225.2/170 (Starting/lowest/regain wt/current/goal) I WILL SUCCEED!!_

catlady812
on 7/1/13 11:49 am - Evansville, IN

I am having the same problem with surgeons. I just want someone to make sure everything is OK. My surgeon is in another city and went to another hospital. I am trying to get my records although I am starting to notice my pouch again. I think it may be causing me pain. No doctor wants "another doctor's mess". The nurse at the weight loss center told my to get my primary doctor to do an Endoscopy first and go from there. What kind of diet are you working?

PixieButterfly2005
on 7/2/13 12:04 am - Eugene, OR
I am on the Take Shape for Life program. It is based on Dr Anderson's book "Dr A's Habits of Health" it promotes leveling out your glycemic index and keeping you in a fat burning mode instead of turning on the bodies insulin pump.

375/169/238/225.2/170 (Starting/lowest/regain wt/current/goal) I WILL SUCCEED!!_

Most Active