Does the Pouch diet really work? I need help!

cathysimmons58
on 11/6/13 5:23 am - Lewisville, NC

I am 55 yrs old and I had my RNY surgery 6 years ago and did great for the first 4 years and over the past 2 years I am gaining weight back.  I lost 120 but I've gained 40 back and it all seems to be settling in my middle area which stinks!  I'm not pregnant but I look it!  My knees are starting to hurt again and I'm always feeling run down...   My Iron, Vit.D and Ferritin are all off but I'm back on the vitamins to help with this.  Also on Welbutrin to help with anxiety/depression.  I hate exercise... love sweets... eat what I want... hate proteins but Chicken and hamburger is okay.  My question is-  has anyone done the Pouch test with eating liquids and did it work? 

Tess145
on 11/6/13 10:53 pm - Senatobia, MS

Hi Cathy.  The 5 day pouch test actually detoxes you off carbs basically.  It gives you a chance to feel your pouch again and how the restriction worked in the first place.  We have a group of ladies over on the "back on track together" board that are currently working on getting their regain lost again.  I have been on that site for two years now.  I had originally regained 70 lbs and took them back off in about 8 months.  Come over and get all the information and support that you are looking for.  You can get your regain back off too!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

whnuwshupnastr
on 4/28/14 6:18 am - MO

I couldn't find the "back on track together" board.. .is that a secret name for another forum?

Tess145
on 4/28/14 10:34 am - Senatobia, MS

Go to community in the blue bar above and click on groups.  It should show you the back on track group.  I have been taking a break for the past 2 months but the other ladies on there are awesome and will be able to get you back on track.  Good luck to you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active