Gastric Bypass Reversal?

jlpatterson07
on 5/25/16 2:40 pm - MA

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I had RNY gastric bypass 3/6/06, revision 6/6/07, and complete reversal 5/27/11.  I am wondering if anybody on this site has had this done or knows anyone who had it done.  I am desperate for support and was told today by my nutritionist  to try posting here.  I have found people on Facebook but I message them but never get a response back.  Like I said it is just wanting to talk to someone that might understand what it is like to have complete success losing weight to only have the surgery make you sick and need it reversed.  Thanks so much.

Lucyt
on 6/4/16 1:06 am

Hello

I am looking for information from people who had the reversal done. Could you please give me more info.

wastingawayCindy
on 7/23/17 9:58 am
RNY on 11/15/16

I am having the same issues also. Surgery weight 220 on 11/15/16, today 106. Iam nauseous all the time, vomit everything and stomach (pouch) pains all the time. I want a reversal but I want more information. My surgeon don't do reversals but I have 2 weeks left to gain weight before I get a feeding tube placed, I don't want this. The surgery was a blessing in the beginning but has become my nightmare.

NickM1267
on 9/18/17 7:44 am
RNY on 07/31/17

I read your post and was wondering how you are doing.

Obese_daughter
on 10/2/17 12:51 am

Hello Jennifer, my father has had a gastric bypass in 2001 and suffers from severe malnutrition and hematological problems. Doctor suggested he should do a reversal but we are relactant due to all the bad experiences with have with the 1st surgery and also his bad condition right now. Please tell me about your reveral. Did you have any problems post-op? How many days did you spend in the hospital? Why did you have the reversal? Thank you in advance!

Misty1980
on 1/6/18 1:27 pm - edwards, CA

I had gastric bypass in 2006 and had my reverse in 2013 almost 7 years out. It saved my life. I hope you got the help you needed. I have a support group on Facebook and lots of vlogs on YouTube under Frankenbelly if you want more info.

Most Active