One year, no weight loss. Help me restart? RNY

Kinne
on 7/13/16 11:58 pm

Hi, my name is Kinne, I am new here though belong to other forums, so I have experience. Here is the short version of my bariatric life from my revision from band to RNY in June, 2015. My top weight was 373. Surgery weight, 335. I lost 35 pounds in the first few months. Tried to change my lifestyle, eating rules, etc. But, for psychological reasons, threw it all away and ate and drank what I wanted/needed. My pouch never held ounces, it accepted all the crap I gave it. My fault. In a year, I have kept the same 35 pounds off, gained nothing, lost nothing. I had an emergency tonight where I saw my surgeon in the ER. All tests (hernia, etc.) came back fine. I am in abdominal pain every day and the only thing they suggested was a gas med. I can not pass gas or burp to relieve the pain. Anyway, I failed myself. I'm in therapy (long time now) and on various meds. My therapist and I so like each other that I see her for free. She has little experience in food addiction, bariatric surgery and how to treat bariatric patients, but she is trying. We may try EMDR. I am unemployed and on disability. When I got home tonight, I started a list of all the things/rules I need to re-implement. I am ashamed beyond belief over my non-compliance. Surgeon's not pleased either. So, I need to start over. Where do I begin? I am beyond broke, in major debt and don't know how to put together healthy meals that my husband and I can afford. How do you buy those small portions, prepare them when two of us have to eat? Chicken breast is expensive! All healthy meats are. Even eggs. Please help me start over, both emotionally and adhering to the South Beach diet. Thanks for reading my story! - Kinne

Laura in Texas
on 7/15/16 5:46 am

All you can do is start over from here. Take one day or even just one meal at a time. I wish you the best!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Teena D.
on 8/11/16 12:30 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

You don't have to buy little meals - just pick up containers at the dollar store.  Buy real food, and make small meals - divide in to the containers. Far cheaper and healthier. Good luck!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kellivision
on 4/12/17 7:53 pm
Revision on 04/18/17

Hi,

Soup is very inexpensive and easy to make. Make a pot of soup and portion it out. You can freeze what you don't eat for a later date. Or whatever you make, freeze leftovers if you don't eat them. Good luck to you!

Most Active