How to get back on track with weightr regain

Bjwelch
on 4/3/18 7:12 am

Rn.y gastric bypass December 2009 starting weight 327 ending weight 175 regain and 50 pounds over a two-year period recently how to get back on track I'm starting to constantly feel hungry and think about food again. I did not work this hard just to have it all come back on. Suggestions?

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/18 5:26 am - MD

Hi Bj..I understand exactly how you feel..I had RNY surgery in 2012 lost 120 lbs but i am currently 30 lbs up. i hear a lot of "you are to hard on yourself" but feeling like have failed myself bcause those old eating habits have resurfaced and I'm so disappointed because of the work it took to be able reach a my goal..to feel confident. so I am reaching out for any advice or ideas as well.. thanks ..

jmk187
on 8/10/19 5:24 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Not sure if you will see this or if you have since got back on track. My advice is be accountable to something or someone other than your self. Whether it's coming here daily and posting or going to a dietician and getting weighed in regularly and talking about what you have been eating. Do what your weight loss surgery program told you to do. Not what your fat brain tells you to do. Your fat brain is going to trick you into fooling yourself by telling you a little bite here n there is ok..I will get back in track tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes.

Always be aware of how many times a day you are eating, always be aware of how much you are eating when you do eat. Weigh protein every time. Calculate calories. Make best friends with a food scale. And always have it out on the counter.

Good luck.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/20 6:33 am - MD

Thanks jmk...u are absolutely right...I kinda of like started lacking when my support system fell to the wayside...butt I have to push myself, whether I have support or not...this is for me!

Tri_harder
on 8/26/20 10:20 am

I read a tabloid at the store about a woman that lost 137 lbs. by eating all day. I am doing exactly that. I am eating 3 serving each of protein, dairy, veggies, fruit,starch and fat throughout the day...one serving each hour. I have been doing that for 5 days now. It is working for me. Tri

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/20 8:30 am - MD

Thanks for your response to getting back on track..I can honestly say that I am now BACK ON TRACK! Reading your post and

reconnecting to the Obesity Help Forum is very helpful to me ..I'm gonna try what you suggested... but are you following a

menu or just your own ideas?...Keep in touch to let me know, as I'm sure that there are others who could use any positive

advice on our new/better way of living...PB

Most Active