When your Surgeon refuses to help, and no other surgeon will touch you.

Nancy L.
on 12/3/18 2:20 pm

I had the Sapala Wood surgery done by Dr Wood, on August 3, 2003. Everything was fine until 2009, when I started having pain in my "grape" stomach , and in my "detached" remnant stomach. I had moved to Buffalo by then. I called Dr. Wood's Office, and he refused to see me. Said he was not seeing patients from his "old" practice.

In the meantime, I found a lovely Gastro Doctor, who ran a bunch of tests and told me I had:

1. An ulcer in my "grape" stomach

2. A Fistula joining the new "grape" stomach to the old remnant stomach, and

3. A hernia

Because the surgery left the remnant stomach virtually inaccessible, the Doctor could not visualize an ulcer he suspected was in my old remnant stomach.

Since Doctor Wood was not willing to help me, I wound up going all the way to Long Island, NY to Dr Buscaglia, who was kind enough to try to help me. He was the ONLY surgeon I could find to help me. He was also the closest, and he was over 400 miles from my home.

Dr Buscaglia closed the fistula with a clamp, and ordered some vitamins for me, but there was nothing else he could do for me.

The fistula reopened in 2013 and I am currently bleeding internally, possibly from an ulcer in the active remnant stomach. I have also gained back most of the weight I lost after the 2003 surgery. I was 114 lbs for 9 years, and now over 180. It is very sad, and very depressing. So now, I am search for a Doctor to help me find out EXACTLY what my condition is, and fix the problems once and for all.

hollykim
on 1/6/19 3:04 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 3, 2018 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, Nancy L. wrote:

I had the Sapala Wood surgery done by Dr Wood, on August 3, 2003. Everything was fine until 2009, when I started having pain in my "grape" stomach , and in my "detached" remnant stomach. I had moved to Buffalo by then. I called Dr. Wood's Office, and he refused to see me. Said he was not seeing patients from his "old" practice.

In the meantime, I found a lovely Gastro Doctor, who ran a bunch of tests and told me I had:

1. An ulcer in my "grape" stomach

2. A Fistula joining the new "grape" stomach to the old remnant stomach, and

3. A hernia

Because the surgery left the remnant stomach virtually inaccessible, the Doctor could not visualize an ulcer he suspected was in my old remnant stomach.

Since Doctor Wood was not willing to help me, I wound up going all the way to Long Island, NY to Dr Buscaglia, who was kind enough to try to help me. He was the ONLY surgeon I could find to help me. He was also the closest, and he was over 400 miles from my home.

Dr Buscaglia closed the fistula with a clamp, and ordered some vitamins for me, but there was nothing else he could do for me.

The fistula reopened in 2013 and I am currently bleeding internally, possibly from an ulcer in the active remnant stomach. I have also gained back most of the weight I lost after the 2003 surgery. I was 114 lbs for 9 years, and now over 180. It is very sad, and very depressing. So now, I am search for a Doctor to help me find out EXACTLY what my condition is, and fix the problems once and for all.

you might contact Dr. Keshisian. Not sure of the spelling g. I think he is in California. If I was having your problems that is who I would co tact. Hope you get some help soon.

ily911
on 5/7/19 6:51 am
RNY on 04/16/18

Hi!

I am new to this site, but I wanted to mention my Dr. Her name is Caitlyn Halbert and she is here at Wilmington Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware. She is the absolutely best doctor ever! If there is an answer to your problem she will find it. Call her and see if she can help.

Best of luck!

Tri_harder
on 8/25/20 6:53 pm

I would go to the best Medical College close to you. The bariatric team will be able to evaluate your situation and come up with an educated solution. Tri

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 7:46 pm

I would definitely recommend talking with another surgeon! My Dr. has great bedside manner and is very easy to talk to- his stats are great - Dr. Anthony Terracina with Bon Secours Center of Excellence in VA - 757-947-3170 excellent Dr and program!

Most Active