Pouch Reset or other suggestions?

clind7310
on 2/6/19 9:38 am

Has anyone been successful with a pouch reset after 10+ years post-op? I'm trying to get rid of my regain. I feel like I have little to no restriction at this point. Any tips/suggestions??

Amy R.
on 2/8/19 8:32 am

I've been successful losing three regains in the past 10 years (slow learner here!) but I'd never try to "reset" or "restart" my pouch. Especially not using that crazy Five Day Pouch Test.

The best way to lose regain is to eat according the recommendations for bariatric patients: dense protein first, some above-ground veggies, a bite or three of carbs or root vegetables or fruit. That's it.

A lot of folks here are eating KETO or super low carb (I want to say true KETO is under 20grams but not sure) and they have great ideas on how to eat every day. Journaling food helps some; so does checking in here often and especially reading the "menu" threads to see what people are eating every day in real time.

I didn't do any of those things to re-lose my gains but I'm an outlier. And the one thing I am careful about and actually DO is eat the bariatric way above. Also I should add that I could probably lose more weight if I were inclined to be as disciplined. So this is not to minimize those who put more effort in at all. I'm a normal BMI and that was my goal. Others have theirs and they are likely different.

Anyhow. You might want to post this on the RnY Forum or on the Main Board; you'll get more response probably. You can also do a search for "regain" or "losing regain" and you'll end up with enough reading to keep you busy for a day or two.

And just because I don't think highly of it doesn't mean you shouldn't at least look at the 5DPT so here's the link: Five Day Pouch Test

good luck. You'll find what works for you. The only promised failure is in giving up.

Most Active