obses family members - i am worried about them

Sunny123
on 2/6/13 10:11 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hello

This is my very first post in the forums.  I see a lot of support and help here and I am grateful that I have found this site.

I am about to go to my first information session.  I have done a lot of reading and research, so if permitted I will be choosing WLS.

One thing that has been bothering me is how my over weight 23 year old daughter will feel about this.  She is very quiet and doesn't share her feelings very well.  I think this is the only thing that I am truly worried about.

My husband is overweight and I don't think he will be bothered either way. 

Has anyone else dealt with this situation?

Kindest regards!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

cstarr
on 2/16/13 2:28 pm
RNY on 11/15/12
I am 3 months out and I have a 16 yo daughter. She is overweight. Me having surgery and losing weight has pushed her to be healthier. She is currently losing weight which is fantastic. On the flip side it greatly bothers her (and me) that she will soon be the biggest person in the house. I am about 30 pounds heavier than her now. We have shed lots of tears, but I think that me having surgery has helped her see that this is not a path she wants to continue nor one I want her to continue. I don't want her to be like me and have to have surgery to be healthy. It is a double edged sword. On one hand she is happy that I am getting healthier, on the other it is a shot at her self esteem. Sorry it is so long. Hope this helps you.

cstarr

Most Active