New to this board

Debjynx
on 7/18/07 12:28 am - MN
Hi I was so glad to see this board. I was diagnosed with fibro about 7 years ago.  I had gotten to the point where I was so large I couldn't exercise and the pain was excrutiating. So on November 14, 2006 I had open RNY I have since lost 121 pounds and I feel fabulous.   I still have flair-ups but not so often as I did before it was daily before the surgery.  I could barely make it out to my car without taking pain pills.   I am affected by weather changes also, high humidity almost always causes a flair-up.  Deb
AmyLucas
on 7/18/07 8:00 am - Jonesboro, AR
Hi Deb! Welcome to the board! I have been diagnosed for about five years but have been symptomatic since I was 19 so that was ... let me try to do simple math here.... 14 years lol.  I was doing the flexeril and the amitryptaline but the amitr. but it makes me mean and nasty. I still take the flexeril when I need it. I don't like to take it however, due to the fact I am becoming resistant to it and it is taking two pills for me to be able to have any effect. It really stinks.  I have actually been going through a flare myself. My lower back has been killin me something terrible.  I am really thinking of getting a revision. I have the lap band and have terrible issues with it now. I will revise to the rny if i do it. Still working on it though. Congrats on your loss! That is awesome! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics