New to this forum

lorri V.
on 9/4/07 12:46 pm - Seymour, IN
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum only, I've been on OH for several months now. I love all the help I recieve from this site.
I found out I have Fibromyalgia in 2001. Sometimes the pain is so intense I want to cut off all my skin, because it hurts to have air touching it. I know it's a muscle desise but it hurts my skin. I'd like any help you all could give me. Thanks for listening. Love & Hugs.

LORRI V
mariamahoa
on 9/4/07 3:12 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
 I find my hot tub seems to soothe things.  As well after a hot tub, I take my drugs and I can fall asleep.  Not that I ever have a refreshing sleep.  I do have pain on my skin and sometimes I just have to rub it lightly to get some relief. I tend to have more muscular pain.  I also try to keep my mind busy so that I am not thinking about the pain.  I feel for you.  Its an awful disease that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.....only on those people that say " well you look fine to me."  Only kidding......Take care, Gale       

HW 238 SW 215 GW 140
or lower 5'6"
AmyLucas
on 9/7/07 2:27 am - Jonesboro, AR
For me, I am at the point I tell people, YES it is all in my head and I give them the right information about the disease. They generally are so dumbfounded they don't know what to say. LOL I love that look on a face! I know, I am mean. I can't help myself!  We are hear for you! We know what it is like and feel free to vent anytime!
Lynn P.
on 9/18/07 10:56 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Lorri, Glad to have you join us here.  I am really a newbie here on the forum too.  I was diagnosed with FM back in 1996.  I was injured on my job in 1995 and developed FM and MPS afterward. I sure wish I could find that person I was back then...I really miss her!  My life has changed to much since 1995. When I was first diagnosed I went searching on the internet to find out what it was.  I use a heating pad faithfully and take my pain pills and muscle relaxers.  They only take the edge off the pain and spasms.  I have been going through a flare up the past month or so and it has really thrown me for a loop.  I am hoping having the WLS will help some with the pain. I am still hoping for approval....still going through the insurance hoops! LOL! Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics