New to the board. Vsg on August 23, 2007

mariamahoa
on 9/4/07 3:05 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
Wow I was so excited to find out there was a message board for FM. I had my VSG done by Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta on the 23rd.  I was diagnosed with FM approx. 3 years ago but I know that I have had it for many years.  Its great to have people to talk to who have done or are going to do WLS and have FM.  My surgery went well I was up and about the evening of my surgery and once I got back to the hotel I managed to get in some sightseeing, shopping, spa treatments and sun tanning.  I felt pretty good in PV.  Now that I am back home in Victoria its like I have been hit by a mack truck.  I am really affected by the weather and right now it is cool and damp.  We have had a crummy summer but are suppose to have a week of sunshine beginning tomorrow.  I find I am soooooo tired since arriving home and soooooo foggy.  My DH has really noticed it. I am better in the afternoons once I can get some protein into me.  I realize that WLS isn't  going to be a cure for my FM but I hope that it will reduce some of my other ailments.  How did everyone else feel after their WLS was your FM better or worse.  Appreciate your comments.....Gale        

HW 238 SW 215 GW 140
or lower 5'6"
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/07 3:29 pm

Hi M! See I told you!!! Yippie...you found us!!!

I am going to Mexico on the 11th, and hope that we BOTH

get better from the 'systems' of this stinking 'condition'!

I hope you start to feeling better very soon.  I am very  intriged to find out how my energy levels will do after I drop  the weight.    My BMI is around 36.2-37 ish, so we'll see. You haven't been long out of surgery, so even without fibro you would probably feel pretty lousey.  After all, your tummy has been altered....take care and rest up!

AmyLucas
on 9/7/07 2:33 am - Jonesboro, AR
Gale, Vicki is right! You have gone through a huge operation and even without fibro your body has to adjust to the changes. With fibro though, these changes are going to be a little tougher. I had a horrible time after surgery. I was so dehydrated and weak. I had a hard time recovering. Irritable Bowels on top of a pure liquid diet did me no favors! It really was terrible. I actually find now though that the diet changes has helped somewhat with the irritable bowel syndrome. Funny I know but I will take it where I can get it! Glad to have you aboard! Amy
mariamahoa
on 9/7/07 3:44 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with

Hi Amy,

I am starting to feel better.  I think going to acupuncture has helped as he really worked on my energy level.  As well I am two weeks out of surgery.  Yesterday was my first day of more energy and so far today has been good...yippee.  I never really suffered with IBS, although I take Celebrex and sometimes it can give me a run for my money.   I love my banana although I have been sitting at 15 pounds for about 5 days.  I do realize that I am taking in too many calories as well as sugar.  Just can't find the SF Carnation Instant Breakfast which I like far more then Protein powder.  I've gone back to the protein powder today to see if it makes a difference.  I am just a little too impatient.  Thanks for listening.   Gale...   

HW 238 SW 215 GW 140
or lower 5'6"
Lynn P.
on 9/18/07 11:37 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Gale, Welcome to the group!  I am glad to hear you are feeling better now.  Your body has been through alot and it will take time to recover.  Take each day as it comes...try not  tot over do things. Congratulations on losing those 15 pounds!!!  The scales will be going in the down direction again soon.   I'm still hoping for WLS approval.  I am hoping having it will help some with the FM and other medical problems.  Please let us know how it is progressing with you as you are losing. Hugs, Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics