Hi His Lady and all Fibromites!!

hopegirl66
on 4/24/12 3:47 pm - Downingtown, PA
 I've been away for a long time. Sorry...so much has happened. I am no longer working. I got laid off as of Jan 15th. All the prayers finally got anwered!!! I was able to get a small severence and now get unemployment, so with watching my spending....hubby agree's that I don't need to start looking for another job at least until the fall. I may decide to apply for disability...not sure. 
Sleep Issues- Well my sleep habits have gotten worse, sometimes I will stay up all night, the difference is, I can now sleep as long as I need too.
I do think my depression has gotten worse, I do have more time to think about things and anxiety kicks in a little more. But I'm still so happy not to have to worry about anything job related. I hated going to bed every night wondering if I would be able to go to work the next day...or once I was at work, trying to stick it out to last for the enitre 8 hours. I so don't miss that.
I'm getting a lot of books out from the library and I find them interesting. Books about going gluten free. I am currently reading a fibromyalgia cookbook. I am currently taking a fentanyl 75 patch which I change every other day. And for break tru pain, I take oxy (done) not cotin. Some days the patch is enouh, then sometimes it's not and I need the break thru meds. I have 15's that I can take every 4-6 hours as needed. I was also put back on cymbalta I'm happy to report that for me, my pain had to be managed first before they could add the cymbalta. Now the cymbalta seems to be a great fit. I'm actually loosing weight now on my own. It seems like the cymbalta makes me not want to eat. Since I've stopped working I have gone from 248 to 238 doesn't seem like a lot, but I need smaller pants.

Tell me how everyone else has been doing? I see that a lot of people keep being told by their doctors that weight loss will make Fibro go away....(I don't know why they do that).. But for the members that have been here for a while, or even newier members do tell how you are doing

Hugs,
Monica

Hislady
on 4/25/12 2:17 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi there so good to see you again! I'm doing pretty good for now anyway. I've been on 30 mg morphine and 5 mg oxy for break thru plus my cymbalta. However I just had to change docs (mine moved away) but my new one is maybe even better as far as treating my pain. She is switching me to fentanyl patches too with oxy for break thru. Haven't picked up the Rx yet but will next week. Also just found out my thyroid is low so will start that soon too. Hoping that will also help with weight loss altho my pulmonary doc started me on a new drug that acts like prednisone except that it takes you appetite away! The first coiuple of months I lost 10 lbs a month, lately it's dropped to 5 but still with thaty and thyroid I'm hopeing to to get the rest of this weight off in spite of my useless crap band!
I'm so glad you are able to not work even if it's only for awhile. I don't know how I'd survive if I had to work! Some nights I sleep greaT and others I'm up half the night but at least I can sleep all day if I have to to catch up. I'd say go for disability if you can, it'd sure make you life easier and put off alot of stress for you. Glad you are reading up on fibro, it's really the only way to find out what may or may not
work, it's so different for each of us! Hope to see you post more often now that you have more time.
thorpea1976
on 4/26/12 11:05 am - sioux city, IA
 I was dignosed with fibro 1 1/2 yrs after WLS.. they say i have had it for a long time ,but i just chalked the pain i felt to being FAT!!! Boy was I wrong!!!
  My sleep sucks and can be up all night without sleep meds if i take meds i get about 3hrs of sleep not good but some at least. my social anxiety is aweful and panic attacks started along with my depression worsened, I now am in therapy once a week for those. I too am not working I was a caregiver/CNA and no longer can do that work  or much of anything. I do Great to get my daily must exercise to keep my wieght down which i did gain 15lbs so back to the basics once again.

whoever says fibro makes you lose wieght i wanna argue that fact cause it don't ....Dr.s who say that are crazy loons. 

I too think about applying for disablility but have heard that they are very hard on fibro patients.
I have been put on 5mg of methadone as needed up to twice a day .. I use it sparingly and ONLY when i can't stand it anymore..that is bad i know.

dorthe H.
on 5/1/12 7:42 am - farmington, MN
weight loss does NOT help with the fibro pain.  i lost 200.  then gained back half of it.  i have been hurting all the way through.  my social security disability was a 2.5 year battle.  fibro was one of many factors in disability, which was only approved this past week.  i think that if i have sugar it messes with my achiness and hurting.  it gets less localized and more insistant.

that's it for me. 
anyone else?
DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
dianeg49
on 5/13/12 3:42 pm
I have fibro, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and sleep apnea. I am in my second year of working on my disability. I just had my hearing a couple of weeks ago. Now just waiting. I am taking Lyrica,nabutone,ultracett and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I also take Lunesta for sleep and use a CPAP with oxygen at night. Some good days, some bad days and some days that I can't get out of bed.
My weight loss is very very slow,but I am still clicking away.I take a silver sneakers arobic class that has been very helpful. Low impact, lots of stretching and balance exercises.
We each just have to work and try to carry on the best we can. Good luck everyone!!
Dianeg49            
loretta cowels
on 6/3/12 7:58 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
i was able to apply for disability while i was layedoff work. I knew i just couldnt do it any more. I think it was in my early 30s i first got dianoised and with all the doctors notes i had from 8 years of trying to deal with it they affroved me right away thank god. Doctors told me ill feel better but its only been since april 16 but im in a bad place right now feels like a pulled muscle in my back shoulder area. spent a whole night screaming its getting better . Ive had this before were i cant or dont dare move for hours because my muscles spasm. Its been two years ago but this type of pain is why they thought i had ms. I have apptment with my doctor about difrent meds am on neoriotin now and cellex and zanax and norco. loretta
Most Active
Recent Topics