Self Diagnosis!! I am so sure

"LADYbug-j" L
on 7/8/15 8:02 pm - Laurel, MD
For the past few months I always had aches and pains, but here lately it so severe, when I got up in the mornings I can barely walk or go to the bathroom. My whole body is sore and aching from shoulders on down, like a truck ran over me twice. I need to get checked out soon. I am glad to see this board up.
Forgot to mention that I am just trying to get back in physical shape. The exercise is helping. I am only walking now, and that's wearing me out, but it's better then nothing at all.
Hislady
on 7/8/15 11:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

First of all welcome to the forum it isn't real busy but I usually stop by daily, so HI . Probably the first thing to do is see a rheumatologist or someone who deals with fibro to get a diagnosis of fibro. Then they can give you some medication to help with the pain There are several that help fibro Lyrica, Cymbalta and Savella. Many of us find that we have to go to narcotics to really get any help with pain relief but then that comes with its own drawbacks too. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for keeping pain down and staying flexible. This is a horrible disease and I wouldn't wi**** on anyone. Hope you are able to learn more about it and how to treat it. Good luck!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 7/16/15 1:03 pm, edited 7/16/15 1:03 pm - Laurel, MD
Thank you for your words of wisdom! Blood has been drawn and I shall await the results and you posted. Thanks for checking in.
Although once I mentioned wls, he wanted to blame everything on being malnourished? as a result of the surgery ? I hope he really can get to the bottom of it all? It may be neurological too? what ever that means?
I will keep you posted.

Peace-jbug
Hislady
on 7/17/15 5:36 pm - Vancouver, WA

Neurological means it could be caused by nerve problems, damage or misfiring of the nerves maybe sending pain signals when there really isn't any. I have some of that too I have neuropathy where my feet feel like they are burning and my fingers feel all tingley all the time so it is nerves instead of muscles causing the problems. Actually fibro can be from nerves and muscles.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/6/15 5:06 am

Fibromyalgia may be caused by SIBO - small intestine bacterial overgrowth.  I know from experiance. 

Antibiotics + diet really works for me.  Diet is very restrictive but living without pain is worth the trouble.. 

Google SIBO + fibromyalgia... There are studies upon studies on that.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KatBear12
on 4/5/16 11:34 am

Please do tell more about this.... you poted.. Fibromyalgia may be caused by SIBO - small intestine bacterial overgrowth.

Most Active
Recent Topics