RNY on 5/26 looking for penpal

2teachall
on 4/14/11 6:39 am - NY
Just got my date and now I am getting nervous looking for a someone who will support me in this journey.  Also any other RNY having surgery about the same time??

RedHeadRuby
on 4/20/11 3:42 pm
Congratulations on the date! I am not having the RNY but i am having the Sleeve on the 25th of May. I am willing to help and support however i can if you would like me to. :)
PATSYWATKINS
on 4/21/11 6:02 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi, I am Patsy Watkins in Phoenix, i wold love to be your penpal, I am having my surgery on May 3rd and for the first time a am really scared but excited...you will be a little ahead of me so maybe with your help i will not be so scared..I am 48 years old and am having gastric bypass...its like when i was having my babies (24 daughter and 21 son) i was really scared before delivery but am so glad I did it...good luck to you and keep meposted
shellb58
on 4/29/11 5:35 am - WA
Hi Patsy My surg is also on May 3rd. How are you doing on the liquids?
I am 52 and having my band removed after 2 yrs and no weight loss. Do you know if the proximal bypass is the same as the roux-en-y?
Thanks, Jean
2teachall
on 4/29/11 6:47 am - NY
Patsy I would live to keep in touch with you I think we have alot in common. I am having a bypass on the 26 I am 51 years old and I have 2 children as well. My girls are 24 and 21 years old. Your surgery is coming right up you must be on the pre op diet at this point. Are you still real nervous? My surgery is not until the 26th so I still have a few weeks.  I know we are doing the best decision long term but it seems daunting at times.  Do you have support at home for this journey?? Keep me posted.
Donnaslifepart2
on 4/21/11 7:47 pm - Canada
Hi.

My name is Donna and I am also having RNY Gastric bypass on May 26.  I am 45, married with 4 kids in varying stages of almost adulthood.  I am an RN and am both very nervous and extremely excited to begin this journey.  I would love to become a friend/supporter/penpal.  Message me if you are interested.
2teachall
on 4/29/11 6:52 am - NY
Hi Donna I am very interested in being pen pals. I think that support through the process is essential.  We can support each other through this!! I am 51 married and have 2 daughters 22 and 24.  Hvaing the RNY on the same day will give me a good measure on how I am doing and some support.  I am a school administrator so we both have busy jobs. How much time are you planning on taking off? Keep in touch if you want my direct email is [email protected]
Keep in touch Teri
Donnaslifepart2
on 4/30/11 7:25 am - Canada
Fantastic!

I will be off a minimum of one month.  Because I work at night I don't think I'll have the energy to back before then and also because my job is so physical, I will have to be on modified duties even then.  I won't be able to lift, pull push for 8 weeks so it will really depend on what my hospital is willing to accomodate.  The girl who works when I am off will be going on an already approved vacation half way through that 8 week period and it is very hard to find enough staff, so I think they will be able to accomodate me.

My email is richardsd @ shaw.ca.  I am frequently on this site as well so you can simply PM me here as well.

So what is your journey shaping up like?  I start Optifast on May 10 for 14 days and then clear fluids for 2.  I am planning to work right up until the day of surgery-planning is the key word.  I am not sure how that will go.  Theoretically, I will work nights on May 25th, get off at 0700, go home and shower then be at the hospital for 10 am.  I'll be tird and ready for bed but since they plan to knock me out, I don't think it will be a problem.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply

Donna
shellb58
on 4/29/11 5:32 am - WA
Hi all, I will be having my bypass done on may 3rd, I am now eating only sugar free liquid diet. and protein drinks. Yuck!
Jean
konfussed75
on 5/2/11 11:41 am - IN
Good luck to you tomorrow.
Most Active