Looking for a pen pal in Hampton Roads

teachingb
on 7/24/11 4:15 am
I need a penpal, support person in Hampton roads.
I am scared, new and going to have surgery on Wednesday the 27th.
SleeveRockn Chic
on 7/25/11 3:04 pm
 Good Luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery.  I am sure it's very natural to be scared. I'm sure you'll do fine.  I'm sure when my time comes I'll be feeling the same way.  I am in hampton roads. I have not yet had surgery but hopefully if all goes a s planned I will on Aug. 22. I'm using BonSecours Surgical weight Loss and my Dr. is Dr. Adams. My surgery type that I choose is VSG.  Kerry
teachingb
on 7/26/11 5:52 am
Hi, Thanks for the best wishes. I appreciate it.  I am so torn. I don't like hospitals but I know its a short part of it. Good luck with yours. What hospital are you going to?

Janice
SleeveRockn Chic
on 7/26/11 9:15 am
 I believe it will be DePaul in Norfolk since that's the hospital my surgeon's office is right next to and they sent me there for labs and such.  Not my first choice in hospitals but guess it will be fine.  Hospitals don't bother me too much, it's kinda nice having people waiting on you lol  Almost like a vacation hahaha  Kerry   
BrandiHunt
on 7/26/11 4:50 am - VA
I am so happy I found this group! I have also been wanting someone to talk with.  I do not have my surgery date yet.  I have to go back to the nutrionist next week.  Last step before approval.  Good Luck with your surgery!! Right now I am working on the eating.  It is abit harder than I thought it owuld be counting my proteins and staying within it! If you have any good thoughts or tips to share it would be appreciated! I will keep you in my prayers! Way to go on making the decision to better your health!
SleeveRockn Chic
on 7/26/11 9:17 am
 Hi Brandi, glad you found this site too, it's packed full of all the information I think you could ever need on bariatric surgery. The good, bad, and the ugly lol.  Do you know what procedure you would like to have??? Kerry
Jenwi3
on 7/30/11 10:37 am - Chesapeake, VA

HI my name is Jennifer, I been coming to this support group for over a year now.  I live in chesapeake.  I"m currently getting ready for surgery, I had to do a year of weight loss trial for insurance.  So now just waiting, I have 2 months left.  I"m seeing Dr Spencer.
Im looking for a penpal, someone to talk too.

Jennifer
SleeveRockn Chic
on 8/8/11 7:11 am
 Hi Jennifer, When will you be having surgery??? Which type of surgery do you plan to have??? I am in Va. Beach.  I am having surgery with Dr. adams, he's out of the same practice as your surgeon.  Have you been to the support group meetings they have???  I have attended a few in vb. They have one coming up the 11th that I will probably attend since it will be my last before  surgery.  My surgery should be Aug. 22 and I plan on having the VSG done.  Kerry   
teachingb
on 7/30/11 10:51 am
Hi Jennifer.
I had the surgery and am out of the hospital. I am hungry and tired. But I think it will be fine.
When do you have your surgery?

Janice
SleeveRockn Chic
on 8/8/11 7:06 am
 Glad u are home and doing good. I hope u have a speedy recovery. Which surgery did you have?? Kerry
Most Active