looking for friends around chattanooga tn area

linabowman75
on 3/20/12 4:16 pm - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
i am having gastric bypass june 4,2012. looking for friends to help one another thru our journeys in life....
sustrick52
on 5/4/12 11:03 am
Hi, I go to the shrink on Tuesday, and I have an upper GI on the 16th. I have seen the Nutritionise and done everything yet.  I have to go to another group meeting with the people that will have their surgery the same time that I will.

What are you going to miss the most?  I am going to miss Diet Dr Pepper.  I hopeI canhave my surgery by the end of June because with my health insurance with the state that is the end of the fiscal year, and it would/will save me about $2000 dollars. 

BTW I am in NC, and my first name is Susan
linabowman75
on 5/4/12 11:18 am - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
my name is Carolina "lina" for short. i have already given up most everything. i wanted to try it to make sure that i was really gonna be able to stick to it. i am a big time drinker{tea, sodas etc.}im  gonna miss being able to gulp down a big glass of sweet tea.... my last appointment is may 31st that is my last weigh in,ive got about 8lbs to go.also that is my pre-registration for the hospital and if nothing goes wrong june 4th will be my big day. my insurance is gonna pay im only gonna be out like $575. my insurance didnt pay for me to go to the shrink im out $300 on that not medically nessacary is what they said but yet they require me to see one before they will approve me,crazy stuff. hopefully everything will go good and you will get yours in june as well. im new on here your my first email. please keep in touch and let me know how things are going with you and i will keep you posted on mine as well. take care  and have a blessed day.
                                 lina
sustrick52
on 5/5/12 11:12 am
We can do this Lina.  I am nervous too.  I am old .  I will be 60 June 25, so this is sorta a present and I want to live to be a grandmother if my daughter ever gets married and has a child.  I will miss ice-cream too.  At lease you can drink tea unsweetend and find something to put in it to make it sweater.  I thought I would try some color.  Go to those support meetings.  They are a pain in the ass to get there, but you always learn something from people that are there. I need to lose about close to 175 lbs.  My surgeon wants me to lose down to 115.  I will be bones if I get down that far.  Do you have problems exercising?  I get so out of breath.  Drinking all of tha****eris not the easiest thing eith.  Well I will talk to you soon.  BTW my name is Susan
linabowman75
on 5/5/12 2:55 pm - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12

hello susan,how are you today?im doing good. just coming in from work.i worked 2nd shift tonight to fill in for someone .i am usually home but i need the money so i said yes. i have really had to practice about drinking unsweet tea. i was drinking a gallon of sweet tea by myself every day. i am trying to drink crystal light, snapple  anything i can add to my bottled water to give flavor and thats sugar free. it is really working.well i think i may try the support groups after my surgery but right now it is just too hectic trying to work and hurry to get there. that is why i am seeking out to try to find new friends for support on here just in case i cant make the meetings i always have email lol:}
  i am 37 yrs old my daughter will turn 22 june 28. my anniversary is june 3rd and my husbands bday is june 7th so june is goin to be a very exciting month.i weighed 280 when i met my surgeon he wants me to loose 21lbs before he will even do surgery ive got about 8lbs to go.he never really did say what he expected my outcome to be. im big boned so im thinking at least 130 to 140.i would be very happy with that.im 5'2 and carry my weight very well. everyone says i cant weigh what i do or that im not big enough for surgery but i am.

i have been trying to walk on the treadmill everyday for at least 20 minutes.im not in shape thats for sure thought i was gonna die trying to catch my breathe. 

have you bought anything up for your surgery yet? i bought isopure and pure protein drinks they r so good i couldnt believe how good they really taste.ive also got some unflavored protein to go in my oatmeal and stuff to help give me extra  as needed. im a picky eater so getting my protein is goin to b a challenage. well im goin to get a shower and lay down. your have a great day and hope to hear from you soon.
                                                             carolina

sustrick52
on 7/5/12 1:08 pm
Hey Girl!  I am closer but it is a slow process.  I have been the the shrink, seen the doctor, been to about three of the support meetings, seen the nutritionist three time, and I am still drinking soda.  I go next week on the 10th to see the surgeon and then if he says yes, they then check on my insurance to see what will pay. Hopefully I will have my surgery sometime in August or the first of September.  I am doind arobic water classes, but all of this is a slow process.

I am so sorry I just saw your e-mail.  I will write more this weeken, but I have to go to bed cause it is late.  Hang in there and I will let you know the stuff I got this weekend.

Talk to you soon,

Susan

linabowman75
on 7/6/12 1:49 am - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
hey there,im out 4 wks now its been rough on me. im not loosing any weight i cant get in calories and protein i am needing. everything taste like crap now.protein i could drink before i throw up now. its really hard or is for me.i have lost inches i think because some of me shorts are like one and two sizes smaller now tops are also dwn from 3x to like 1x so something is working.i hope that i get this worked out and dont fail. i have really been down on myself because of not loosing.i did talk to the dr yesturday and we are trying some other things to help me because if i dnt start making the calories and protein i need i may end up back in the hospital.
  i hope everything works out for you and you get to have your surgery. it will be easier later when its not so hot. i dont go out to walk much and i try to use my treadmill but i just dont have much energy. i have got to go to walmart will email you later. have a good day.

lina
sustrick52
on 7/8/12 4:07 am
So, I went to see the nutritionist June 29th and I had gained about 15 lbs.  People kept telling me and I thought so too that if I didn't eat stuff I like now, I would never be able to again.  She fussed a little about my still drinking Diet Dr P and I told her I would do better.  You know how you are supposed to be dieting somewhat, well...I haven't.  It is not because I don't care or the I am not committed.  I guess it is like what I said above.  So Friday the 6th I went to my regular Dr because I retain fluids so badly.  The first thing she said when she walked in the room was, "I got a note from your nutritionist and she says you are still drinking Diet Dr P, and from there it went down hill.  Tuesday I go to the surgeon and I know he is really going to give me hell (which I dread) because he is a no nonsense kid of guy.  I really am dedicated.  I am reading books and cookbooks on weight loss surgery.  And I don't enjoy being the size that I am.  I can't wait to buy real clothes and look nice.  they just don't make clothes for big people like they do smaller people.

You said you were having a hard time drinking the stuff and how it tasted good before surgery but made you wank to throw up now.  I have heard this from several people.  what about the vitamins?  Do they make you sick too?  Do you find people watching every move you make?  Do they watch what you eat and have comments for everything?  How much time did you takeoff work for your surgery? Do they ask you every day how much you have lost?  The work police!

I am really sorry I took so long to reply to your.  I will be better in the future.  My sister is going to come from Denver to stay with me a few days when I have my surgery.  I am in NC.

Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

Most Active