Penpal?.. having bypass in June

CorKel6
on 4/20/13 8:37 pm

I am looking for a penpal that wants to talk through the journey together. 

jennifer4
on 4/27/13 9:07 am - Canada

Hi there,

My name is Jenn and I live in Ontario Canada. I had my interview with the surgeon in Toronto  and he said that my surgery would be in June or July! Super pumped but I had wished it would be earlier. There have been a lot of delays that were not my fault, i.e. tech didn't take the right bloodwork etc.

Im 36 and am having this surgery because i have terrible back and hip pain that effects my daily life. I have two young children and I cannot be the active mother that I want to be. After several failed attempts at weight loss, my doctor suggested Bariatric Surgery. I was devastated to think that I was so fat that i needed surgery but, after a lot of research, soul searching and conversations with my husband, we decided  it was the best thing to improve my quality of life.

Since my referral was first sent in July 2012 I have lost 30 pounds on my own by eating smaller portions and trying to exercise every day. I also lost my full time job and had to go down to part time but that has afforded me more time to exercise and less time sitting at a desk all day! 

So that is me in a nut shell. I am a lot of fun, and am scared ****less about the surgery. I just keep focusing on the outcome and my more active lifestyle.

I though I would pen-pal you since our surgeries will be around the same time and we can share tips, stories and recipes.

Jenn

shortnsweetnms
on 5/1/13 11:49 am - MS
RNY on 05/12/14

I too will be having surgery in June or July would like to talk to someone that is going through this at this time. If interested I will tell u more about myself. You can email me at [email protected].

Nancy

Nancy
mytimetoofly
on 5/26/13 5:58 am - Canada

I'm having my last appt.. with surgeon on June 6 and surgery should be in August, I'm  having Gastric Bypass.  love to chat and support with you both. I live in Ontario, Canada and need to make this my last kick at weight loss. 

the weight is coming off.......

Surgery: July 11, 2013. Hamilton, Ontario. 

E R.
on 6/9/13 11:20 pm - Switzerland
Hello. I live in Switzerland and had my bypass on the 4th of June. I would love a pen pall, since there isno support group in Swiss. I am 49 years old. My email address is: [email protected]

RNY:  4 June 2013

Most Active