Does anyone have any suggestions....

Erin Crane
on 6/8/06 3:05 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
... on a good pair of jogging sneakers??? I just started to jog. I only do it for a few minutes and wal****il I am used to it. But I am trying to find a good pair of sneakers for jogging. Thanks, Erin
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 6/8/06 11:31 am - Japan
Hi Erin, It really depends on you. I would go to a runner's specialty shop, because they tend to know more about shoe selection than other places. My favorites so far are Etonic, New Balance, Brooks and sometimes Asics, but you need to go with whatever feels best to you. Good Luck, David
JeremyGentles
on 6/14/06 12:54 pm - Johnson City, TN
Erin, Most of your major brand name shoe comapanies all make high quality products. As David said before me, he likes Etonic, New Balance, Brooks and sometimes Asics. Of course there is also Nike, Adidas and several others. The big issues here are the shape and size of your feet. I personally have a high to normal arch and my feet are somewhat narrow. Adidas fit my feet the best but by no means does this suggest you will fit best in an Adidas shoe. Many shoe stores can easily determine if your arch high, normal or if you have flat feet. I am also providing you with a couple of links below that might help you determine what type of feet you have and an appropriate shoe to fit your feet. This first link will help you determine your foot type. You might have to type the link in or copy and paste the entire link into the address bar at the top of the page. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-52-167-0-4615,00.html This second link will help you find an appropriate shoe. http://www.runnersworld.com/shoefinder_nc/1,5038,s6-52-71-0-0,00.html I hope this helps. Take care. Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
Christine D
on 6/18/06 10:51 am - Mount Penn, PA
I was told by my PT that New Balance are one of the best shoes for anything. Actually, these are the only ones I wear, and I walk at a fast clip and am looking to begin jogging soon. I have a friend who runs miles and miles every day and swears by New Balance and Saucony (not sure on that spelling?). I think there might be some Asics (spelling on that one too might be wrong) that he uses too. I'd hit a specialty shop and ask loads of questions. Good luck with jogging! Christine
Most Active