Can someone help me out please

Mariah
on 6/12/06 7:48 pm - Richmond, IN
I twisted my knee two weeks ago when it was raining here. Its still hurting. Ive been going to phy therapy 3 days a week. The therapy is helping me out tremendously. I am more flexable than ever. Im running on a treadmill thats in the bottom of a pool. Yesterday I ran for 20 mins solid at 4.5 mph and ran for a total of 45 min...the rest of the time I was only at 3 mph. The therapist told me that every 5 min in the pool is like 15 min on land.....However, Im not sure I believe that.... I weight almost 400lbs and there is no way I could walk for 45 min on land at turtle speed. Im going for endurance and to strengthen my back. In the water Im more weightless and can do much more than I can do on land. Thing is as my knee gets more limber and running isnt hurting it when Im in the water but the next day when I wake up my knee is so stiff. It still hurts right under the knee cap and climbing stairs is a *itch. My husband thinks it must be ligaments. He wants me to stop my therapy. I love going to therapy. Its the first time Ive been able to move this body in years and it feels so great. I have no idea what to do. My therapist wants me to go to a dr....just becouse she has to tell me that. I think it will just heal on its own slowly.... DOESN ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS
~Beautiful Dreamer~
on 6/13/06 5:20 am - Pinellas County, FL
I often "step-on" my ankles when walking/exercising and if I dont soak my ankles in epson-salt and / or rub them down with Tiger balm to help relax them I can barely get them to cooperate with me the next day.
Earl C.
on 6/13/06 11:52 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Mariah, I'm not 100% what you're asking for. You said 'The therapy is helping me out tremendously". That pretty much answers the question doesn't it? Earl
JeremyGentles
on 6/14/06 12:40 pm - Johnson City, TN
Is your husband a qualified medical professional? Is he a physician? Is he a physical therapist? Let the physical therapist do his/her job! Unless you have access to an underwater treadmill at home or in the gym, you will be hard pressed to find a form of exercise and/or therapy so suitable for you at your current weight. You have already stated therapy is helping you; I can assure you that letting it heal on its own is not the right answer. Stick with the therapy! Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
Most Active