Swimming

sallyj
on 7/17/06 6:43 am - Spokane, WA
Does swimming count as a strength building exercise? I hate getting hot and sweating and working out with weights makes me hot and sweaty! Especially when it is 100+ outside. But I know I need to do both aerobic and strength building, so would swimming count. I do laps. Sally
Earl C.
on 7/17/06 11:49 am - Circleville, OH
You know what the best exercise is? The one you will do. Find something, like swimming, you like to do and you'll be more consistent with your exercise. Just a side note, Vasily Alexeyev, the Russian Olympic Lifter from back in the 60s and 70s, used to train in water all the time. One of his favorite ab exercises was just running in waist high water, bringing his knees up high with each step. Try i****er walking actually provides a lot of resistance. Personally, I use my pool for restorative exercise, like rotator cuff exercises and stretching. I think, for whatever reason, most people are more flexible in a pool. Good luck Earl
hanneyalexa
on 10/14/14 10:25 pm

Swimming is a good exercise it is also a full body exercise and fun to do. I usually swim every weekend to tone my muscles, swimming also help to lose weight and it helps me to have a slim and fit body. Swimming can also improve our endurance.

Nicole G.
on 8/8/06 7:49 am - NY
Sally, Swimming is an awesome exercise.....it works all the muscles in your body.  Sometimes I freestyle in my pool to get a full body workout other times I sit in a tube and kick from one side to the other for 20 mins.....Like you I hate to sweat! Nicole

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller

Most Active