Introduction and Hello

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/06 5:54 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi All! My name is Linda and I am a road cycling junkie   There, I have admitted my weakness I am six weeks out from having my RNY.  I am down 46 lbs as of today and ride my bike almost every day.  I love riding and can't imagine not being able to ride my bike.  I do medium to longer distance rides.  40 miles to 100 miles. For more about me you can go  to www.bikenaked.net I hope to be sharing more of my journey with all of you in the near future. This is a wonderful idea for a forum! Hugs Linda
Earl C.
on 8/9/06 3:29 pm - Circleville, OH
Hi Linda. I'm impressed. Only 6 weeks out and your doing Centuries. Gezzz! I promised myself I wouldn't sit on a bike until I hit 250. I felt sorry for the tires. Earl
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 12:46 am, edited 8/11/06 12:51 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi Earl! Thanks!   I think I should clarify .  I have not done a centrury since surgery, the farthest I have gone in one ride since surgery is 40 miles.  But, we are looking at doing a century in Early September.  Maybe!  I do ride about 150 miles a week right now at about an average speed of 16-17 mph. Hey... those bike tires are pretty tough!!!!  My tires lived through me Linda www.bikenaked.net
JeremyGentles
on 8/10/06 12:15 am - Johnson City, TN
Hello Linda, Hope all is well. It was great speaking with you the other day and look forward to readiing your story!!! Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 12:50 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi Jeremy It was great speaking with you also!  I am excite dabout this forum and think you have done an excellent job!
Boner
on 8/10/06 9:07 am - South of Boulder, CO

Hi Linda, Glad to see another road biker in the forum. I started biking again shortly after WLS when I was still over 425 pounds. Pretty scary sight to say the least. Biking has now become my passion and I put in around 150 miles a week on the road and in the gym.  Keep up the great work!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 12:56 am, edited 8/11/06 1:02 am - Plymouth, MN
HI Boner! YES!  Another roadie!  Way to go!  Isn't cycling just the best!  Way to go on the miles.  Keep up the good work. Hey, I think it is great that even at 425 lbs you had enough courage to get out there and ride that bike!  I know I sure took my share of foul-mouthed comments from people when I was 280 lbs and riding my road bike.  Ah well, look who's laughing now   OMG!  Look at you in your profile!  How amazing!  You have done an excellent job!  You are lucky to live in Colorado.  I want to do a mountain descent soooooo bad!!!!  Trouble is getting to the top Keep up the great work!
Most Active