what type of exercises are best after surgery

margokae
on 8/12/06 12:23 pm - oklahoma city, OK

I will have surgery Thurs.  I plan to return to work in about 4 weeks.  there's a small gym 2 minutes from work.  I want to go there during my lunch break....I know I'll probably do the treadmill.........but wondering what would be the best exercise to tighten up a little bit my "arm flab" and tighten my stomach muscles?

Earl C.
on 8/12/06 3:38 pm, edited 8/13/06 2:54 pm - Circleville, OH
Just concentrate on walking the first 4 to 6 weeks. Maybe do a light arm work if you have energy (which I doubt you do). Don't do anything to strain the stomach. For me that meant nothing where I bent over, laid down or any leg or ab work except for calf raises. You'll be healing on the inside for months and you'll be living on very little (starvation) calories the first couple of months. Walking as much as possible is really the best thing you can do. Check out this link it was very informative... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/cmsID,9001/mode,content/ Good luck Check in with us and let us know how you're doing. Earl
margokae
on 8/13/06 4:16 am - oklahoma city, OK
Earl, thank you so much for your reply.  Walking it will be !!!!!!!   Yes, I'll check in from time to time.
Phil D.
on 8/14/06 7:30 am - Des Moines, IA
No lifting more than 15 pounds.
Most Active