Wednesday's workout

Earl C.
on 8/16/06 7:59 am - Circleville, OH
1:40 pm to 3:!5 pm @ power Shack Back day 15 min warmup walking, stretching abs Power Cleans 1 Arm DB Rows Hammer 1 Arm Rows Narrow Grip Pulldowns Barbell Shrugs Rope Pulls to face Ab Machine Crunch Calf Press Machine All Training is complementary.
michelle O.
on 8/16/06 9:01 am - Tampa, FL
Great workout my friend I am about to do some weights and go for a jog...yes I am taking my dog. Your kicking butt and keep it up!  Have a good night! Michelle
Donnamarie
on 8/18/06 4:45 am - NY
Hi Earl, Yesterday I truly overdid it.  I didn't know that was really possible.  I had a couple of hours to kill between dropping my kid off at football practice and I didn't want to go home so I went to the gym. After 45 minutes on the elliptical 60 minutes Group Step class 60 minutes Group Power class I was beat.  I was shaking with cold after the sweaty clothes dried on my body.  I was exhausted and only after spending 10 minutes beneath steaming water was I able to stop shivering.  I couldn't even eat dinner because I was shaking.  This morning the scale showed a 3 1/2 pound weight loss from the day before.  Sad thing is I know that tomorrow I will be back up a couple of pounds when I rehydrate myself. So yeah, I guess there truly exists the possibility that one can do too much.  I'll make sure not to push my poor body to do that again. Donna
Earl C.
on 8/18/06 10:42 am - Circleville, OH

Hey Donna, I believe it's good to push yourself or you never know what your limits are. I think you should be  proud you survived. Next time just drink more, get some gatoraid or something similar.  Eat a little or suck down a protein drink between classes too. I'll actually drink some protein or eat an oatmeal cookie with peanut butter on a heavy squat day in the middle of my workout, because I can feel my blood sugar drop like a rock on squat day. Earl

Donnamarie
on 8/18/06 12:42 pm - NY

Earl, I agree that pushing limits is important.  Next time, as you suggested, I will definitely be prepared. The sick thing is that the more I moved, the more I wanted to move.  It's amazing how we change our focuses and obsessions from one thing to the next!!!  Yes, I totally agree about the squats.  At the point where I was doing the squats in the Group Power class, I thought I was going to die.  Between the ellip and then the Group Step (which I realize I don't "bounce" so well), my legs were wet noodles.

Thanks for the tips!!

Donna

Earl C.
on 8/18/06 4:31 pm, edited 8/18/06 4:31 pm - Circleville, OH
Yeah..it's either drinking, sex or exercise for most of us after WLS. I was OCD with the lifting way before WLS. It's always been a passion of mine. I don't bounce too well either.
Most Active