Question

MRB
on 8/24/06 12:49 am - Evansville, IN
I workred out yesterday at the gym did the treadmill and the elliptical trainer, my legs are very sore from the elliptical trainer should I give them a days rest or go back at it again today???? Thanks Misty
Earl C.
on 8/24/06 1:12 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Misty, Good workout! I'm  a believer in less intense workouts to help the body restore itself. Basically, I'd suggest walking around the block or use the treadmill at a slower speed and lower incline today, no Ellptical today. It will help you get over the soreness faster. Keep training. Earl
MRB
on 8/24/06 1:29 am - Evansville, IN
Thanks for the reply Earl,  Maybe I will just take a walk on the river since it is such a pretty day out... Have a great one!!! Misty
Cards Fan
on 8/24/06 1:58 am
As usual excellent advice from Earl!  Recovery time in between workouts is so important...giving the muscles adequate time to repair themselves is crucial as it helps provide a strong foundation to build upon.  If you feel inclined to exercise on a daily basis or several times per week - mixing things up and working on different parts of the body and muscle groups on different days is a great way to increase your activity but give your body the recovery time it needs before you work it again. Cards Fan Springfield, MO
MRB
on 8/24/06 4:47 am - Evansville, IN
Thanks for the advice...  We are Cardinal fans also !!!!!! Love the new stadium....  We have made it over to a few games so far this year, I am dying to go to the game tomorrow night but ticket prices are crazy for that game...I am a Rolen fans since his is from just about 20 minutes east of Evansville...  Hopefully tonight we can show those Mets what we are made of, I was so excited last night I thought they might come back and get them...  We will WIN tonight..... Take care and thanks again!!!!! Misty
Cards Fan
on 8/24/06 5:24 am

Misty, Just need to get our pitching up to par - could it be that it might be too little too late...I hope not.  I was just at the new park last week and really saw a great game...Carpenter looked fantastic!  Here in Springfield we've got the AA team here so between the St. Louis games and our season tickets here we're a bit nutty about our baseball.  Our final weekend for the AA team is this weekend and we're hitting 3 of 4 games. By the way - I've got a Peyton...a boy...actually spelled Payton named after Walter Payton and Peyton Manning both. Go Cards!

MRB
on 8/24/06 5:43 am - Evansville, IN

I think the pitching is the whole problem.....  The cardinals need a lot of help in that area.  My son who is 4 1/2 even has his favorite players, his room & bath room are both St Louis Cardinals.  Late night after I put him to bed he kept yelling out "Mommy what's the score".. We where at the new park I guess about 2 weeks ago, we have been at least once a month.  We all love it and it is something we do as a family.   Being 3 hours away makes it a little hard to get over any more than that.  I read your profile - AWESOME!!!!!  I am down 150 pounds and I would still like to get rid of 50 more, I have not been really fateful to the gym so I have started going every day at lunch, I HAVE to drop those last pounds.   I would love any words of wisdom you would like to share!!! Thanks Misty

JeremyGentles
on 8/25/06 12:35 am - Johnson City, TN
Good advice from everyone involved in this post. Your peers are an extremely valuable source of support.  I am excited to see this! Keep it up. Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
Most Active