My first 10 K and a vaction accomplishment

lynn43
on 9/4/06 5:40 am - canton, GA
Hi everyone, I posted this on my June board but I thought that I would share with you on the exercise board also. I havent posted in a while because I have been out west on vacation and then when I got home last week, I had to start school again. What a busy week it was coming back from a wonderful vacation. I went to Brigham Young University for a week of continuing ed classes, it was great. I walked and walked and walked. I had gone to Utah 7 years ago with my hubby and we had climbed a mountain trail called Mt. Tippanogos. It was very difficult for me. I almost didnt make it to the top. So one of my goals for vacation was to go back and climb Mt Tippanogas(I probably am not spelling this right). The trail is 1.5 miles up and it climbs over a 1000 feet in sea level. Well anyway, I did it!!!!! Yea for me, I felt such a feeling of accomplishment. I made it to the top in about 45 minutes and the ranger at the top told me that is about how long it takes her. I was really excited. Well anyway, on to my 10K, today was the Cobb classic 10K. I have been training for it. It is a really tough 10K because it is all hills. I did it in 1hour and 35 minutes. Yea!!!! What a difference a year makes, a mountain and a hilly ten K all in 2 weeks. I could never in a million years attempted this before. Thanks for letting me share. Now I am going shopping to celebrate. LOL

"There is no "normal" life, there is is just life."

295/156/150?

JeremyGentles
on 9/5/06 12:29 am, edited 9/5/06 12:31 am - Johnson City, TN
Congrats to you as well! Testaments like this are surely an inspiration to all those seeking to live healthier more active lives. Keep it up and keep on posting.  Jeremy Gentles, CSCS ObesityHelp Professional
lynn43
on 9/5/06 4:17 am - canton, GA

Jeremy, Thanks the encouraging words and thank you also for all the valuable info on the new board. I really like coming here and I always learn something new. I really enjoyed your article on the target heart rates. Thanks Lynn

295/156/150?

Scott William
on 9/5/06 3:52 am

Way to go Lynn.  That is awesome.  Keep pushing yourself and your accomplishments will be limitless. Scott

lynn43
on 9/5/06 4:19 am - canton, GA
Thanks Scott, I am thinking about trying to do a half marathon in November if I can swing the time commitment. We shall see. Thanks Lynn

295/156/150?

C. Richardson
on 9/8/06 10:28 pm
Wow Lynn.. That is great! 
francescurrit
on 9/18/06 7:33 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Congratulations!  I totally understand how both are exciting in their own ways - way to go, and thank you for sharing.  It's inspirational to hear how others are doing! Frances

Most Active