Target HR

wishingtoshrink
on 9/3/06 12:27 pm - Brainerd, MN

Hi I know I have asked this before on here but I dont think I ever got the response I have been looking for. I want to know how to figure out my target heart rate. I take a blood pressure med and it seems my heart rate will not go over 82 to 91 on the high end. The only way I can get it to get fairly high is if I dont take my meds. anyway. if anyone can help me figure out how to figure my target heart rate I would really appreciate it. Thanks ann

ChristineB
on 9/3/06 10:22 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
You may not be able to get your HR over what you have posted because if you are on a beta blocker it won't go up. This is what my exercise physiologist told me when I first started out. Once I went off of the med my heart rate went up. Chris

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

JeremyGentles
on 9/3/06 11:51 pm, edited 9/3/06 11:52 pm - Johnson City, TN
Ann, I have written  a fairly comprehensive article which addresses this issue. It is found in the Exercise and Fitness Forum.  But, as Christine B. who posted before me said, if you are on Beta Blockers, you simply will not be able to get your heart rate up to the typical range used for cardiovacular training. Just do what you can you do You may click here to read the article; just keep in mind not all of the information contained in this article will apply to you.  Jeremy Gentles, CSCS
Most Active